Well I'm Back Gentlemen. :-)

Info, pictures, advice...
P64inDixie

Well I'm Back Gentlemen. :-)

Post by P64inDixie »

It's been a while since I posted, mainly because I haven't been to the range with my 1971 since my girl decided she was "sick." Some of you may remember me discussing a feed issue I was having the last time I took her to the range with me. A round would not properly transition from the next in line to the round in chamber, randomly a bullet would not move up enough and would sit 50/50 in the mag and the chamber.

Well, as I suspected, it was the spring in one of my original Polish mags. Has anyone else had this same issue? I piddled with it until the spring slid back in to it's proper place. I wish I had decided to tackle the minor problem sooner, it was nothing really.

I must say I am so excited to have this problem worked out. I didn't know which of the three mags it was so I couldn't carry her. Now, she's right where she belongs...on my person at all times. So many of my gun buddies think she's a Walther PPK/s, it's always fun to school 'em.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Well I'm Back Gentlemen. :-)

Post by Curly1 »

Glad to hear you got it worked out.

Mags can be a pain and it's always good to have a few to trouble shoot problems.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
P64inDixie

Post by P64inDixie »

I need to buy two more, who has them right now? I only want factory though, no after market.
Vunder

Post by Vunder »

Classic has them. I picked up a few extra last month.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/accessories?cat=32

Jon
norman

Post by norman »

Vunder wrote:Classic has them. I picked up a few extra last month.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/accessories?cat=32

Jon

Shows out of stock now.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

The aftermarket ones have never failed to feed or fire. I will agree that the main concern I have with them is the metal is a little thinner or not as strong as the factory mags.

The backs of the mags actually have clear dents/impressions from the bullets inside slamming into the back of the mag during firing.