Buying Parts From Poland

Info, pictures, advice...
Donzi

Buying Parts From Poland

Post by Donzi »

Hello. Just wondering how many of you, if any, have purchased P64 parts on Gunbroker from a gentleman in Poland who sells under the namer Laukar. I ask this because I bought 2 safety detent springs from him @ the end of Nov. & haven't received them as of this date. How long does it take shipments from Poland to reach the Mid-Atlantic region of the US? I read somewhere on (I think) this forum that it took avout 14 days. Any one here know? Thanks in advance, folks.
Donzi
"Jeez, Tommy, don't you believe in anything?
Yeah, I believe in ammo. As much as I can carry."
Edub

Re: Buying Parts From Poland

Post by Edub »

It varies - especially during this time of year. Expect some delays because of the holiday mail rush.
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

Edub wrote:It varies - especially during this time of year. Expect some delays because of the holiday mail rush.
When you say "It varies", what sort of timeframe are you thinking of? TIA.
Donzi
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by mike1050 »

Donzi wrote:
Edub wrote:It varies - especially during this time of year. Expect some delays because of the holiday mail rush.
Donzi
When you order from overseas, packages can sit in customs for a while. I have ordered from overseas and waited 3-4 weeks once they reached the U.S. I tried emailing the same guy a number of times about p-64 parts he had listed on GB with no response from any of the questions.
Edub

Post by Edub »

Donzi wrote:
Donzi
I order quite a bit of stuff from overseas and whenever I order from Europe, the time really varies from one week to a month and a half. Like I said, with Christmas, those "normal" wait times will be even longer. I wouldn't worry too much yet.
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

[

.... I tried emailing the same guy a number of times about p-64 parts he had listed on GB with no response from any of the questions.[/quote]

I can tell you why he didn't answer. I've exchanged several Emails w/him & he doesn't seem to speak much English. Then again, once I get past "pirogi" & "polka", I really don't speak any Polish. :lol:
Donzi
roblox84

Post by roblox84 »

I'm fluent in Polish, if there's anything you need I can help you out with it so just let me know. But some advice if you want, go to google translate and just write out your email in english and it will tanslate it into Polish. And if he sends you the email back you just copy it into Google translator and translate into English. it works pretty good if you ask me.
bvd1

Post by bvd1 »

The mags I bought took two weeks from the time he received payment. As others said, this is the busiest time of year for mailing. Be patient, he sent me an extra mag by mistake. Maybe you'll get lucky too. I'm honest and let him know but got no reply.
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

Many thanks to all who replied. Guess I'll just wait f/the springs. Even if they don't make it (altho I believe they will, eventually), I'm only out $11 total.
Donzi
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

Just a final note to wrap up this thread. I received my P64 springs from Mr. Laukert yesterday, about 4 weeks after (I think) he shipped them. And this was by priiority mail! So, good news is: you can get some P 64 parts from Poland(via Gunbroker). Bad news: Don't stand out by the mailbox waiting for them to arrive. Just thought you'd like to know. Happy holidays to all. :P
Donzi
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Hi Donzi. This is my first posting on this forum. Let’s see is if I can help you and other forum members find small springs for the p64 pistol without going to Poland. There is a post in the Sticky Book, about walther pp extactor spring part #205530A, from “Numrich Gun Parts” that fits a p64 safety. You can also try rocker switches, the switch found on your car or truck door that helps to lower and raise the windows or lock the doors. Each switch has two springs in it and there are hundreds of millions of these type of switches out there. When I was reassembling my p64 I lost the sear spring and found a replacement in a 2005 Doge truck door window switch. The safety on my p64 took two hands to move, so I replaced the safety detent spring with a spring out of a 20 year old rocker switch I had lying around. Now my safety works perfectly without having to grind down my detent plunger. Once you start looking at these types of switches you’d be surprised how many small springs you will find. You should be able to find rocker switches for free, don’t pay for them. Good luck and happy hunting.
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

Dennis,
Altho I appreciate your info, I'd just as soon get original parts, if possible. Again, tho, thanks f/the info and welcome to the forum.
Donzi