my problem with hammer springs..............

Use this section for all other firearms
jebib3

my problem with hammer springs..............

Post by jebib3 »

As many of us know and have addressed the trigger pull in double action for the p-64 is difficult. There has been much good dialogue on fixes and through wolf springs some excellent alternatives.

I raise a similar issue the the cz-70. While it is only a 32ACP if you have one I'm sure you would agree it is every bit as challenging as the p-64. Unfortunately I have raised this on the cz forum and hit nothing but blanks.

I was hoping some of our p-64 experts might have some suggestions or recommendations on resources that could be used for the cz-70.

Thanks for listening, and any recommendations!
pshootr

Re: my problem with hammer springs..............

Post by pshootr »

You can try a lighter hammer spring. These small pistols pretty much use the same diameter hammer springs, some are longer and stiffer than others. You can mix 'n match the hammer springs and use small washers, a piece of of tubing or whatever to shim a shorter spring to work where a longer one was fitted.

On the P-64 and CZ-50/70 the hammer strut and the hammer surface between the safety notch and the full cock notch can be smoothed to lighten the pull. Never alter the hammer notches or the sear contact area unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing. Do not alter the notches at the upper end of the hammer strut either. If there are deep machining marks on a surface do not polish it completely smooth, just polish out the surface roughness.