Cold,dead of winter range time...

Use this section for all other firearms
protector

Post by protector »

My first video posted on Utube...All Br'ed,12 yards.Armscor M200 target is at 2:00,RIA MS at 7:00,P64 at 5:00... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awdYF_cyQHI
Aim small,hit small...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

protector

great video , and good shooting

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
protector

Post by protector »

Thanks Norm, I'm still a amateur at both...lol
Aim small,hit small...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

protector,

Hey, appreciate the video, I'm a visual guy so pic's an video's for me are great. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I noticed in your video that the second pistol [semi-auto 45acp?] you were shooting you closed your left eye while aiming, couldn't tell with the other guns due to the range bag covering your face while your were shooting. According to your targets it doesn't seem to effect your aim, so nice shooting. For me, I use to shoot that way years ago, but was told to practice with both eyes open from a team member on a pistol team I was on, it took a while for me to get use to it, but now its second nature and its not only improved my shooting to a more consistent POA but also opened up my field of view, also, I have been a point shooter for several years now also and for me it's improved greatly the time it takes for me to respond to a self defense mode for shooting. All of this took a lot of practice and trying different grips and so forth but in the long run for me at least it has paid off. BTW, with old eyes today I do have a tendency to squint both eyes now when I'm shooting but I do keep em both open while shooting my handguns.
POINT SHOOTER
protector

Post by protector »

Papabear thanks for noticing,I watched the video and noticed the same thing,also a slight flinch that I have to correct also.I didn't realize that video taping myself would reveal so much,but It did :o.Now just to make a conscious effort to make the corrections,thanks for watching.Definitely a rank amateur at video,but learning... ;D
Last edited by protector on January 20th, 2010, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

Protector,
Another 2 reasons that I forgot to include in my PM was to keep your eye/eyes focused on the target. Good sight picture is important along with sight alignment.

Took me many years to learn how to keep both eyes open. Used to explain to my students to keep one eye on the target and the 2nd eye on your next target, hopefully not a bad guy or terrorist. Have fun shooting, thats what it is all about.

Oh and by the way Hit Man is one of my favorite movies. Timothy Olyphant carries a gun as well as Clint Eastwood. Well maybe not as good as Dirty Harry. ;) Sgt P.
Last edited by Sgt P on January 20th, 2010, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Protector, thank you for sharing the video, much appreciated.
G.R.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

The eye's open thing works is a hard habit to break for some. The one eye per target works unless you're 'Marty Feldman' may he rest in peace.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

A quick question, were you using steel case ammo in the .45? Noticed sparks on ejection. Just wondering.
protector

Post by protector »

rottenrick wrote:A quick question, were you using steel case ammo in the .45? Noticed sparks on ejection. Just wondering.
The loads in the 45ACP were 200 grain RNFP Lead,5.0 grains of T
itegroup,CCI LP Primers,nickel plated cases.....my fav 45 load!!

Thanks to all for the knowledgeable comments,I suggest videoing yourself at the range as it reveals any bad habits that can be corrected,that you don't realize until you see it yourself... :)
Last edited by protector on January 21st, 2010, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...