trigger return spring

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
istbankodad

trigger return spring

Post by istbankodad »

Thought I would post some pics that might help anyone who has a loose trigger spring. This seems to be a common problem judging from the post I'm reading.
The side holds the trigger bar in position. If you remove the slide then the trigger bar becomes loose which may cause the spring to pop free. If you try to operate the trigger with the slide removed it will most surely pop loose.

Looking through the left side with the slide stop lever removed you can see the correct position of the spring on the trigger bar.

Another view right side showing the trigger bar removed. Notice the spring resting against the top of the frame. The spring should set on the bottom side of the bar groove.

With the trigger bar in place you can see the spring has pop loose and resting against the frame.

Getting the spring back on the bar is tricky. I use a nettle probe to pull the spring down and back while using my other hand to position the bar in place.
Hope this can be helpful.
merdenoms

trigger return spring

Post by merdenoms »

great pictures.

I had this problem the other day.
I found that skinny punches work well for pulling the spring down as well
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

trigger return spring

Post by dfunk »

I'm not sure that I would classify the issue as common, and the fix, as you pointed out is pretty easy. Norm details this here http://p64resource.com/goods.php , as he sells replacement springs.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

trigger return spring

Post by normsutton »

istbankodad

nice closes up pix

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
peters

trigger return spring

Post by peters »

Help. I don't know if I lost the washer that fix onto the hammer strut or there was never was one on the strut. Dose anyone know what size this washer is.
bt2010

trigger return spring

Post by bt2010 »

If you look on the parts list and tell me what part # you need . I will sell you and original one.
Email me at hovisms@appstate.edu if interested.