grip issues

Info, pictures, advice...
rshideler

grip issues

Post by rshideler »

I can't seem to get a break (just venting). I've tried the old versions of wood grips by Dennis and destroyed them all immediately (he has promised me the bomb-proof version soon). I put the original black plastic grips back on with the thumb rest, changed the recoil spring to 22 lb and hammer spring to 20 lb, and immediately broke those grips too!!!!!! I wonder if I had them screwed on too tight? Except for the grip issue, the pistol functioned great with the new springs. I'm about ready to remove all remaining grip remnants and wrap the darned thing with duct tape (just kidding)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any thoughts???? :(
doyle

grip issues

Post by doyle »

It is very easy to over tighten the grip screw. I put the screw all the way in, put a small drop of blue loctite on the threads, and put the nut on "firmly but not over-tight". The loctite does the work of holding it together.
electross

grip issues

Post by electross »

Funny you should mention that. I just noticed a crack in my grips that I didn't believe that I had before. Its right wear the thumb(righthand) web would be on the left panel. HMMMM I might have mine to tight as well. Ive read about people using the loctight for their grips and couldn't figure out why. Mine always stay tight. But maybe they are cracking after shooting a bunch of rounds and I didn't know it. ???
rshideler

grip issues

Post by rshideler »

That's about where my plastic left-side grip cracked. Man the P-64 really hammers the grips AND your hand!