Intertec 9

Use this section for all other firearms
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Intertec 9

Post by grayfox »

Found a Tec 9 (org-pre-ban), so I just had to get it. Had one years ago. I'll try to post a pic this week-end. Hope to find an extra mag at the gun show Sunday. :)
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Intertec 9

Post by garry »

Grayfox, Thats a good find ! I have only shot an UZI. I like the looks of the TEC9 way better. Does it have a buttstock? Does that have 30 round mags for it? It has been twenty years since I have seen them for sale anywhere near here. Last question is, are they expensive? Thanks Grayfox, Anxiously awaiting pics, G
on another note~~
There is a (C)Rap singer here in KC that calls himself "TEC9".
Maybe you guys have heard all of(or some of) the controversy surrounding the guy?
Many a city admin. has tried to ban him, but he keeps spitting out his hate. Well, after enough "Pressure", he has changed his tempo. Maybe the KC folks can do that to that &%^%$@#$* Bill Maher.
I am sure that your TEC9 spits it's Lead hate at a more respectable level!!!
Last edited by garry on April 19th, 2008, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Intertec 9

Post by grayfox »

Garry,
They use to not be expenise, but I've seen them from 500-650 lately. They can be jam-0-matics. Most of the time that comes from after-market mag or adjusting the extractor. No stock, but 30 rd mags. They use to come in open bolt or FA, but ATF changed that. They also had a front grip you could get, but thats now an AOW. Don't know how this will shoot, but as you don't see them anymore.........ok, I,m just a gun nut.
BTW,
Thats a muzzle brake that protects the barrel threads. The manual is a newer one that I had laying around.
Last edited by grayfox on April 19th, 2008, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
redfestiva

Intertec 9

Post by redfestiva »

That brings back memories. About 15 years ago a good friend of mine had one of those. It was fun to shoot and looked cool. As I recall it was'nt very accurate but also not designed to be.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Intertec 9

Post by grayfox »

Yeah,
Its more "evil" looking than it really is. I got it just because you don't see them much anymore. :-[
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Intertec 9

Post by papabear »

Its evil looking alright, I bet it would clear a street corner PDQ, something to clean up the streets down there in Tenn....huh..... :-*, it sure as heck would get my attention. When you get a chance let us know how she runs, BTW, I like it a lot..... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Intertec 9

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Grayfox, I've read reports about them over the years but have never seen one until now, mostly negatives from those nasty anti-gun zealots. It is a nice looking pistol in my opinion, were they ever offered with a butt stock and legal length barrel? As a carbine it looks like it would be a lot of fun to own and shoot.
G.R. ;D
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on April 19th, 2008, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Intertec 9

Post by grayfox »

No Gunnyrabbit,
They only came out first as a machine pistol, then open bolt semi, then closed bolt. The ATF banned the open bolt as they were too easy to convert to FA. It will go OK with my M11/9 & the M12/380. :)
volfandan

Intertec 9

Post by volfandan »

Gray,

THAT IS NIIIICEEE! I have always wanted a Tec-9, but you're right....they've just kinda dried up. Sure, if you search gunbroker, you'll find them. But, I just never see any local. A buddy of mine had one years ago, and it was a blast to shoot.

I have an old SWD pre-ban M11/9, but I always thought that the Tec-9 was easier to shoot. Plus, it reminds me of a grease gun design....which I've always loved.

So get this:

I saw this post this morning, but was in a hurry to get to the gun show before going to work. What do I see???? A guy with a pre-ban Tec-9 in great condition for $335!!!!

Too bad old Vol is broke! That would have been in my truck otherwise. He had the DC-9 too....which had the threaded barrel, but was just a little shorter. I think he wanted $325 for it.

You got a great one....enjoy!
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Intertec 9

Post by grayfox »

Vol,
He was at the gun show at the Expo center today, had both for sale. I found one dealer that had one mag marked down to 35.00, but I found another dealer that had a box of all kinds of mags. I get his three Tec-9 mags for 25.00 (for all three). They fit tight, but I think they will work ok.
volfandan

Intertec 9

Post by volfandan »

Gray,

That's an unheard of deal for 3 mags! You made out like a bandit! Pretty good show, I thought. Way too crowded for my taste, but that's always the case in the months leading up to an election. Oh well, what can you do ::). I just bought a great OD green soft case for my UZI. Looked for some MP5 mags, but really didn't bring the $$ I would have needed to actually take any home >:(
Last edited by volfandan on April 20th, 2008, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Intertec 9

Post by grayfox »

volfandan wrote:Gray,

That's an unheard of deal for 3 mags! You made out like a bandit! Pretty good show, I thought. Way too crowded for my taste, but that's always the case in the months leading up to an election. Oh well, what can you do ::). I just bought a great OD green soft case for my UZI. Looked for some MP5 mags, but really didn't bring the $$ I would have needed to actually take any home >:(
Sorry I missed you. I know what you mean about the money, I got the Tec before the show, so thats about all I wanted to spend.
We need to meet up at the next show. 8-)
Last edited by grayfox on April 21st, 2008, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
volfandan

Intertec 9

Post by volfandan »

Gray,

Absolutely. I'll PM you my number before the next show. We'll get together and have a good old gun show bisquit and coffee!
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Intertec 9

Post by grayfox »

Vol,
Just let me know..look forward to meeting another member. Already meet Papabear & AJ at KC. :)
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Intertec 9

Post by grayfox »

Finally made it to the range today, wife put me to shame again. With her 40 glock she tore the center out of the target. Then she tried the XD9mm sub-compact I got her that she had never shot...damn, she put three mags all in the head at 21ft. Oh well >:( I then shot the Tec-9. Was I in for a surprize. All four mags worked great, no FTF or FTE. I had read some many horror stories that I didn't know what to expect. Its a fun gun, easy to keep all the shots in the target from the hip at 21ft. So I,m happy, and after I get a loader,ect....the hunt is on again. :D
Last edited by grayfox on April 26th, 2008, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.