Kimber CDP II Ultra

Use this section for all other firearms
reprisejim

Kimber CDP II Ultra

Post by reprisejim »

Does anyone have any experience with this gun? It feels nice but I have not shot it.
reprisejim

Kimber CDP II Ultra

Post by reprisejim »

BTW, I have researched the gun extensively on the web. As expected, I have read extremely possitive reports and some very negative comments. I am going to call it quits for my research and await the valued opinions of you fine people. Please don't get cute and write of bunch of contradictory responses!!!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Kimber CDP II Ultra

Post by normsutton »

reprisejim

its awful expensive and to light for a 45 auto

just my 2 cents

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
reprisejim

Kimber CDP II Ultra

Post by reprisejim »

Any recommendations? I do lke that it is light but if that is more bad than good (it will be my carry gun), I need to rethink.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Kimber CDP II Ultra

Post by papabear »

If you insist on having a Kimber I would prefer the Kimber Pro Carry II with the 4" bbl, 7 rd mag at 28oz with a price tag at around $800 compared to around $1,100 for the Kimber CDP II Ultra with its 3" bbl. and 7rd mag.

For me I bought the Taurus Millennium PT145 for CCW in a .45acp at a cost of $350 with a 3 1/4" bbl, 10 rd mag and it weighs in at 23oz.

I too was leery of a light weight .45, however, with the Taurus PT145, at 10yrds I can put all 10 rds in center mass with a group of 5-6 inches, and that is with 63 yr old eyes and hands. Also, with the lite weight PT145 there is little recoil mostly because of the 11 degree angle of grip to frame, second shot recovery is very nice. I have shot it with several brands and types of ammo with no failures of any kind, smooth as a baby's butt, and easy to hold, it has the Heine no snag sights. For self-defense, I point shoot, so sights are not that important for me, but the I like the Heine sights, but on a 3 1/4" bbl pistol sights are not very important for me. Just my $0.02 worth.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on January 26th, 2008, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Kimber CDP II Ultra

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Pistol was imported and sold by Kimber under contract from BulTransmak of Israel. Bul is considered one of the worlds finest hand gun manufacturers and for some years now has been the gun of choice through out Europe for most hand gun competitions. Kimber jacked the price up so high that would be buyers here in the U.S. decided to buy from Canadian and other sources leaving Kimber out in the cold. The pistol was marketed for a while by European American Armory (Tanfaglio of Italy) but had problems with import issues that were never disclosed that I know of. The pistol is currently being imported under the Charles Daly logo and is finally enjoying the sales and respect it deserves. The pistol is imported in three double stack sizes all are 1911 clones with composite frames. Sizes are similar the full size 1911, a commander sized pistol and a small ten shot double stack pistol called the Stinger. For those of you who are 1911 fans these are first rate pistole's that are right up your alley. I had seriously given thought to purchasing the Stinger until I found out that it weighed in at 25 ounces unloaded. That put it out of carry territory for me especially when you consider that it is a double stack pistol that makes it hard for small guys like myself to conceal. Still they are a great gun that would be an asset to any ones collection.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on January 29th, 2008, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
reprisejim

Kimber CDP II Ultra

Post by reprisejim »

I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought the gun. I carried it today. It is a pleasure to carry. I think that I can stash the P-64 away as this will most probably be my carry gun. I have yet to fire it yet and get confidence in it's reliability but that really shouldn't be an issue (I hope). It is as comfortable to carry as the P-64. I'll report back on the subject after taking it to the range.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Kimber CDP II Ultra

Post by gunneyrabbit »

OK,
Now that I have made a complete A$$ of my self, what I gave you was a complete and factual run down of the Kimber Ultra Ten II and, in fact, not the Kimber CDP Ultra II. I will now crawl back into my corner and never attempt to embarrass my self again. :'(
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Kimber CDP II Ultra

Post by papabear »

gunneyrabbit,

The true, the tested and the honest, you owned up to it and that is what counts, come on back out and play. He who makes no mistakes is he who does nothing.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on January 29th, 2008, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
volfandan

Kimber CDP II Ultra

Post by volfandan »

gunney,

Papa's right....no big deal! Heck, Kimber makes more models of the "same model" than anybody. Don't sweat it my friend.
reprisejim

Kimber CDP II Ultra

Post by reprisejim »

Well, I put 100 rounds threw the Kimber tonight. IT WAS GREAT!!! It is a very accurate gun and it behaved like it should have. It is very comfortable to shoot as well (about a million times more comfotable than the P-64 - I have never shot 100 rounds through the P-64 at one trip, I believe that my hand would fall off if i did). Yup, I found my new carry gun. Time will be the true test. The only down side is the price of the ammo! Don't worry, I will never put my trusty p-64 on the auction block, she has served me well. It is time however for her to take a rest!