New P64 owner

Info, pictures, advice...
ramptester

New P64 owner

Post by ramptester »

Well, I guess I am the newest member of the P64 forum. Walked into a local gunshop the other day and saw the pistol for sale in a box filled with other P64's. I ended up getting a 1970 model that is unissued. I have done the reading on the spring fix for the trigger pull and for recoil. Overall, I am very happy with the gun and its accuracy. I am anticipating that someone might start making a good set of wooden grips for these things. I unfortunately was not able to get the flat grip with mine. I have toyed with the idea of carrying a PPK in .380, but now I can carry something for much cheaper and with a higher degree of reassurance that the cartridge is more capable.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

New P64 owner

Post by abwehr »

ramptester,

Let me be th first one to say WELCOME to the P-54 Forum! There is a great group of folks here that find the P-64 to be a heck of a pistol. Please come back often and exchange ideas for this pistol. Also, be sure to see the free Manual you can print out, it is good!

Again, welcome to the Forum!
nscale

New P64 owner

Post by nscale »

Hello,
I too just purchased a 1970 p-64. Had the opportunity to fire it last night for the first time and am very impressed with the gun. I am excited to find this forum and the great information it contains. I really appreciate the manual. I did notice after about 100 rounds the gun stuck in the open position. It was like it came back too far and was jammed back pretty tightly. I guess this may have been due to the build up of dirt after that many rounds? Has anyone else experienced this?
Again thanks for a great place to get info on my new gun.
nscale

New P64 owner

Post by nscale »

I did have one other issue durring my first firing. The safety would fall down into the safety position as I fired. I think it actually needs to be tightned. Is this possible to do? Any suggestions are appreciated. Also would it be good to gently polish the ramp with a dremmel and small cloth wheel. If so should I use jewelrs rouge? After reading some of the great posts here,I realize the ammo I got with my gun is 100 gr. and 115 gr. this may be why it stuck all the way back?
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

New P64 owner

Post by dfunk »

Yes, welcome, ramptester & nscale! We are very glad to have you and hope you enjoy your membership here. If you have any questions/concerns or need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy!
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

New P64 owner

Post by abwehr »

I have not experienced any jam with my P-64 so far, but I usually only fire it about 50 rds per trip out, and then a complete cleaning when I return home.

As to the problem with the Safety, I have heard about this in some previous posting on the Mac Forum. I have not looked at an exploded view of the pistol so I am not sure how the safety detent works. I do know on the Walther PPK, there is a spring loaded plunger that keep it in position. I felt the P-64 would be similar, but I am not sure. It would be nice to find an exploded view to see how it works.
nscale

New P64 owner

Post by nscale »

Thank you for the welcome
jwvette42

New P64 owner

Post by jwvette42 »

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the P-64