SA trigger pull

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
dtweaver

SA trigger pull

Post by dtweaver »

Purchased P64 in 2008--- what a great little shooter & and carry piece. Did Wolf spring replacement which improved felt recoil and DA trigger. Because slide action was somewhat gritty worked the action with toothpaste & now the action is smooth as silk. Trouble is now the SA trigger pull is so light it worries me somewhat to use as a carry piece. Friend measured it at 2-3lb. This may be just a perception problem on my part as I fire quite a numbere of different pistols.

Question: what can be done/undone to stiffen the SA trigger pull? What would be a 'general' standard for SA pull? Suggestions?
pshootr

SA trigger pull

Post by pshootr »

Having polished all of the internal working surfaces except the hammer/sear interface I made the same discovery you did. I think the single action pull is too light as it comes from the Radom factory, after polishing and a lighter hammer spring I would never consider the pistol safe for self defense.

I tried deepening the single action notch on the hammer somewhat, which made for a slight increase in the single action trigger pull, but not enough to matter. finally I just ground off the single action notch on the hammer entirely, creating a double-action-only pistol. YMMV.
tmcblane

SA trigger pull

Post by tmcblane »

The single action seems fine on this one I just got but what can I do with the DA ?

Also is the decocker safe to carry a round in the pipe?
rottenrick

SA trigger pull

Post by rottenrick »

Welcome!! I'm new as well. I've odered a p-64 from J&G. Looking at ordering a second one. Have ordered a set of springs from Wolfe springs(check the blog pages) for replacement of springs that will help with the double action trigger pull, there are DETAILED procedures out there. Look for NORM SUTTON, and others they will help you. This is a good web site, if you're new, many will take time to bring you into the fold.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

SA trigger pull

Post by normsutton »

tmcblane

WELCOME

spring you can get here
http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/PolishNF.html
hammer spring don't go lighter than the 18 # if going the shoot steel ammo maybe 19# , recoil spring 20#

to put springs in go here
viewtopic.php?t=1583

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
tmcblane

SA trigger pull

Post by tmcblane »

Thanks Norm, much appreciated and I apologize to the Original Poster I didn't mean to hijack the thread!