Pawn shop score - mags

Info, pictures, advice...
zark

Pawn shop score - mags

Post by zark »

Digging through the tubs of loose mags has finally paid off. I found three P-64 mags marked $19.95 per.

My motto is: "it doesn't hurt to ask" so I asked the man how much per mag if I bought all three. He said "$15 per". So I said "deal".

The mag guys at that last couple of gun shows I've been to have told me the Mak mag supply has dried up. Plus I haven't been able to find P-64 or CZ-82 mags. They say you just can't get them any more. Wonder if that's true of other shows.
brink

Pawn shop score - mags

Post by brink »

My '64 came with just the one mag in the gun and no spare... Does anyone have any feedback or purchased a mag from this site?

http://www.keepshooting.com/firearmacce ... ov_mag.htm

Any reports on quality/reliability would be enormously appreciated!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Pawn shop score - mags

Post by normsutton »

brink

you be better off order from J&G, those are brand new mags and they have a plastic follower in them and don't work as good as originals

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
brink

Pawn shop score - mags

Post by brink »

Roger that, Norm! Thanks!
torpeau

Pawn shop score - mags

Post by torpeau »

brink wrote:My '64 came with just the one mag in the gun and no spare... Does anyone have any feedback or purchased a mag from this site?

http://www.keepshooting.com/firearmacce ... ov_mag.htm

Any reports on quality/reliability would be enormously appreciated!
The ones I got from them have been fine. Although different from the original followers -- they had metal followers.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
p64newz

Pawn shop score - mags

Post by p64newz »

Recently purchased some p-64 mags from them. Condition (new) & quality seem OK. Price shipping & delivery time excellent.
bob

Pawn shop score - mags

Post by bob »

what does keep shooting mean by the mags are the weak link in the p64?I have not trouble with my originals.Even though a mag may be "decades old" it does not mean they are bad.I think it's a scare tactic to make you buy.I have an 80 yr old spanish 380 pistol and the mag works fine.What do you guys think?
davebaird

Pawn shop score - mags

Post by davebaird »

I agree that as long as they function properly for you, they are probably fine. In all the threads I have read on this nice forum, even way back to May '07, I don't remember a poster being told to buy new mag springs, nor that they are the weak spot in the P64. On the P38 forum I always recommend changing out the recoil springs on the pistols themselves, but not the mag springs unless there is a noticible problem. In fact, most of the rare mag problems we see there is that the poor fellow put his springs in wrong, not that the springs are bad.

JMHO! Dave :)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Pawn shop score - mags

Post by normsutton »

zark

You can get CZ-82 mags from http://www.cz-usa.com/ the CZ-82 & the CZ-83 take the same mag

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
mirother

Pawn shop score - mags

Post by mirother »

Bob,
This is, indeed, advertising hype. But, let me explain why I originally fell for it. When I got my P-64, it had 2 mags. Neither one worked right. A gunsmith friend tried to stretch the springs. There was improvement, but still major reliability problems. I bought some new mags from these people, and the P-64 was a different gun. It functioned perfectly. To me, at first, it seemed these guys were right until the fellows on this website set me right. I had a very unusual experience, but that is how it worked for me.