Radom P-83 Vanad's at Gun Broker

Use this section for all other firearms
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Yes it's true, they are popping up like Daisy's at the Gun Broker Auction site priced from $475.00 to $675.00. I don't know about you guys but I expect to get a lot more pistol for that kind of money. :o
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on November 23rd, 2007, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

Yes it's true, they are popping up like Daisy's at the Gun Broker Auction site priced from $475.00 to $675.00. I don't know about you guys but I expect to get a lot more pistol for that kind of money. :o
G.R.
+1 with gunneyrabbit. I bought my Eagle Edition on a forum four months ago- like new in box with extra mag, cleaning rod, military holster and booklet for $375 shipped to my FFL. It is a great pistol and worth every penney but I have seen some for sale in the $600 to $850 range! I have no idea how many were made and would not speculate as to price when and if they become available in quantity in the U.S. At the present time they are pretty scarce and it is pretty hard to find one for under $400.
Last edited by beasleydano on November 23rd, 2007, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

Who was it on here that had a connection that said they would be imported at some point, I remember it being said that they would go for about the price of the cz82. I wonder if thats still in our future?
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I'm sure these fellows are hoping to reap a larger profit since they have been so few and far between. My guess is that when they start hitting the market the way the P-64 and PA-63 did the prices will drop down to where they belong. Good old American Capitalism at work.
G.R.
mecenas

Post by mecenas »

Just for your own information, Gunneyrabbit, they will never again be seen in a commercial, Polish Eagle format - ever, because Radom factory stopped making these in 1995 and they will never be made again. You may be getting some police issue used guns from time to time but never a commemorative issue.

.....but probably you are not Polish so the value of the Eagle stamp is lost on you...and I can understand that.
Good luck
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

What I was referring to is the military surplus ones, commercial made guns have less appeal to me than military/police issue for some reason (I'm weird I suppose)
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Just for your own information, Gunneyrabbit, they will never again be seen in a commercial, Polish Eagle format - ever, because Radom factory stopped making these in 1995 and they will never be made again. You may be getting some police issue used guns from time to time but never a commemorative issue.

.....but probably you are not Polish so the value of the Eagle stamp is lost on you...and I can understand that.
Good luck
Mecanas,

I'm not Polish but I know the value of the Polish Eagle...I wish I had one or better yet IO wish my F.B. Radom P-35 was one with a Polish Eagle on it...the value would double! I think the Radom plant has made some of the highest quality firearms...ever! The P35 that I have (not mine but the model) has been reviewed in many gun annals as one of the best made military pistols...ever!

I have a personal goal of someday owning a Polish (Radom manf.) P-35, P-64, Tokarev, M44 and any more I can find!!!(got 2 so far)
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

jgsales has the Polish Tokarevs, but I don't know if they are C&R and Mass kosher
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

You know I saw that posted somewhere here or another forum and I just can't believe for the money that JG actually has Polish Toks or that the condition is as good as suggested. They are very desirable pistiols. I saw one on gunbroker in mint conditon going for over $450 a while ago and that was before the auction ended.

Unfortunately I'm finishing a couple of things and the holidays are upon us so there has been a freeze on any firearms expenditures in my household for a while. :'( I waited longf enough for many of these to become C&R eligible so I can wait a little longer to get one. ::)
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

mecenas, please excuse my ignorance, I didn't mean to step on anybodies toes. Yes your right, I'm not Polish and yes your correct ,the Polish Eagle had no meaning for me; please consider me properly chastised. I had know idea that Radom was in the business of anything other than government contracts, thank you for the information. My comments were not meant to demean or insult anyone, I was merely imparting my observation about what I thought was a run of the mill military or police handgun in issued or unused condition. Frankly I hope we start to see more Vanads in the future so the prices come down to where every one can enjoy them.
G.R.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

:-*
mecenas

Post by mecenas »

GR - no offense taken. You are right in that if and when the police or military P 83s show up here, the prices will definitely be different.
Besides, as Trent mentioned above, some of the milsurp collectors would not even look at the commercial sample, and that is OK too.
Like with anything elese, a gun is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay...no more, no less.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

Anytime you have the feeling that you may have paid too much for a pistol just put it in the safe for a year or so and check prices and availability. Anybody buy a CAI import Simson Suhl Mak a few years back for $139.95 + shipping? Or a new Colt Python for an outrageous $500?