Trying to keep up with Norm

Use this section for all other firearms
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

In case you didn't get my message from the other thread you commented on and was obviously missing me...let me repeat myself...BITE ME! :P :P :P

I gave you 3 raspberrys one for each response and one for good measure.

;D
Last edited by carguy on September 2nd, 2007, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

:-/ ::)

Counter-boring enlarges the inside diameter (ID) of the bore as it steps down back from the origional muzzle to the new crown, which is now recessed back toward the chamber, shortening the length of the bore through which the projectile travels. The barrel is counter-bored only as much as it takes to eleminate that portion of the rifling that is ruined or "burnt out" and not concentric.

;D
Last edited by bzinggg on September 2nd, 2007, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Once again I thank you Professor Bzinggg. Seriously, I get it now, never had anyone explain it to me before. :o

barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

thats why I like this forum, you can ask questions without the fear of being flamed.

counter boring is a pretty neat quick-fix. Is there any quick fix for throat erosion other than seating your bullets out further in the case?
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

Boy, that is out of my league. Norm may have some technical data, or post the question on the Gunbroker.com "Ask the Experts" forum.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

barnett

throat erosion I never had to deal with that to much , with a magazine rifle you can't seat the bullet out that far because it will jam up in the mag. I have been told that the last 6 to 8 inches of the barrel control the bullet's path, if the erosion get's to bad you ether change the barrel or have it sleeved , have it sleeved if you want to keep the original barrel on it. I have done some 22 barrels this way, but you can get sleeve's for any cal, you want

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage