Chips in breech

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
jstnevns

Chips in breech

Post by jstnevns »

Alright guys I just got one of these handguns a couple months ago. I havnt really touched it intill yesterday and took it a part and noticed on the outer rim and in the inner rim of the breech about the same place are chipped. I dont know if this is a problem I just need to verify if it is safe before I decide to take it out. Ill post pictures up that arnt the best quality but it will at least give you a idea what I am talking about.

gwbiker

Re: Chips in breech

Post by gwbiker »

My '73 P-64 has a slight chip in same location. Shoots well with no problems.

IMHO, take yours out 'n enjoy it.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Seems to be a quite common occurance. Mine has a small gouge as well. It has not affect firing at all. All cases have extracted from the chamber and ejected even though there is a tiny burr there. I could smooth it out, but it hasn't posed a problem. Rounds fit loosly into the chamber. Blast it to your heart's content.
ray1970

Post by ray1970 »

I believe these were most likely caused by by someone not being careful enough when installing the slide. If you look at the bottom of the slide in the middle you will see two sharp points near the breech face and I think one of these probably dinged the barrel during installation of the slide at some point. It is not an issue though so just enjoy shooting it.