Range Report

Info, pictures, advice...
onapar

Range Report

Post by onapar »

Took my newly cleaned and lubed P-64 to the range for the first time yesterday.
I could not pull the trigger in double action mode that being said neither could three other younger guys, I am in my seventy's.
In single action it was great and after 100 rounds of Wolf 100grain ball, I was thrilled the gun was flawless, feeding firing and ejecting. The accuracy was better than I had expected from my tired eyes. The felt recoil was no worse than my Makarov or my 38 Special so that is not an issue at all.
I will be calling Wolf as soon as they open this morning to order new springs and also look for a holster for my new toy.
I sure am glad I found this Board it has led me to a really neat gun wich will be my every day carry piece. :)
tunnelrat

Range Report

Post by tunnelrat »

I took my P-64 out today and ran over 60 rounds through it. My target was a 9 inch (23 cm) paper plate at 7 meters. I figure 7 meters is about maximum self defense range -- most self defense actions are even closer.

I like to practice using two hands first, firing rapid fire and double taps, then one hand strong side, and one hand weak side. I was able to keep all my shots in the center of the paper plates. I found that wearing shooting gloves really helped (Uncle Mike's brand), as someone on this board suggested.

I confess I admire our Polish friends who are able to shoot bullseye targets at 25 meters. At 25 meters my old tired eyes can barely see the target.
onapar

Range Report

Post by onapar »

Changed the hammer spring to the 16 pound pp and what a difference managable double action and accurate it is now my carry piece.