New Member because of Gunshow

Info, pictures, advice...
kjeff50cal

Post by kjeff50cal »

This is my first post but I see familar handles here.

I was attending the High Caliber Gun & Knife Show in the Houston G. R. Brown Convention Center, and all I can say is wow!!! It was the first GS I went to where it was 80% guns and knives and accessories. I guest it being on a holiday weekend all the Beany Baby/Beef/Jerky/nazi T-shirt people are at home nursing their hangovers. The prices were mostly fair (there were still the one that over prices everything 100% but they were in the minority). It was a good gunshow for serious gunpeople. Me being short of funds (after Christmas after all) I brought a doggie FN 1922, .32ACP that was giving me FTF blues and traded (trade + $15) for a Polish P-64 (9mm Makarov) in VG to excellent condition, all told about $155 ;D. Did not have enough on me for a box or two of ammo but this should be remedied shortly. The P-64 was on my short list of pistols to purchase.

kjeff50cal
nscale

Post by nscale »

Hey! Welcome
I was at the show and picked up my 2nd and 3rd P-64's. I love these guns.
I am just south of the Houston Area. If you want to get together and shoot let me know. Have plenty of Ammo
mikethewreck

Post by mikethewreck »

Welcome to P-64 land!

Wander through the site. For a few bucks you can make your new addition quite the weapon!
kjeff50cal

Post by kjeff50cal »

Thanks all for your welcomes. NScale where did you get yours at the show? I have an old buddy that almost always has my number when it comes to neat pistols. He had a table near the back on the 3rd aisle from the right. He also had a 1895 Nagant Revolver chambered in 7.62 Tokarev :o !!! I usually shoot at Baileys House of Guns & Range on Saturdays (unless I have a new gun to 'test' ;D).

kjeff50cal
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

kjeff50cal,

Another Welcome to the P-64 Forum! I think you havew found a really nice pistol that is adaptable to CCW or just fun shooting. Sounds like you did pretty well in the trade for the P-64. Since the 1922 was giving you FTF, you should be happy with the P-64, as they are reliable with the correct ammo. The recoil is going to be more than the 1922, but veryb manageable. Keep us posted on how you like it and please post often!
nscale

Post by nscale »

kjeff50cal,
I got the P-64's from a guy named Dick Stowers out of Angleton, TX. I also got a Star from an old guy named Ned. He was a nice guy, lives in north Houston. The coolest vendor I found was a guy named Benny with Military Gun Supply out of Fort Worth. I picked up a CZ 70 from him and he had a couple of P-64's in stock too. Actually his pricing was about 5 dollars cheaper than what I paid on the other side of the show. I hate it when that happens. I even made the entire round before I bought, I just missed him the first time around.
I actually was looking for the Macs ( I have a Bulgy and Russian). They must be getting harder to find because I didnt see one at the show.
Not sure where Bailey House of Guns is, but will do a search. If you ever find yourself heading south towards galveston, let me know. I know of a great place in the boon docks we can go and shoot.
I am also considering a provate club in the Pearland/Friendswood area. They have IPDA competitions. I have just discovered this and sounds like a lot of fun. If I join, you will have to come visit as my guest.
kjeff50cal

Post by kjeff50cal »

Bailey's is off Almeda (old 288) on Bluebonnet in north Pearland. I've heard about that range in Friendswood, that it has a 7 yard to 500 yard ranges. I met Mr. Stowers at the show too and the name Ned sounds familar. Yes there was an absence of Makarovs but almost everybody had a good selection of 9 Mak. It is just my luck not having enough money on me. BTW I got the FN for $140 at Collectors Houston in hopes of making a silk shooter out of a pig.....

kjeff50cal