P64 information request - Slide Mass?

Info, pictures, advice...
ricardopereira

P64 information request - Slide Mass?

Post by ricardopereira »

Dear sirs,

I am a researcher at the University of Évora (Portugal) and I am studying the dynamic / recoil behavior in semiautomatic pistols. The physical characteristics of guns, such as slide mass, are fundamental to the mathematical modeling of the recoil. After long internet searches I could not find the information about the mass of the P64 pistol slide. Do you know the value of this parameter?

Thank you very much for your attention.
Best regards,

Ricardo Nepomuceno Pereira
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: P64 information request - Slide Mass?

Post by Weasel640 »

Maybe someone here with an accurate digital scale could help you.

Have you searched "https://www.google.pl" in the polish language? In Polish this pistol is known as the "Pistolet P-64 (9 mm pistolet wz. 1964)" or "Pistolet P-64 CZAK", and the Slide is the "Zamek". If you search in Polish terms, maybe you will be able to find more data...

Also have you checked the "Andrzej Ciepliński; Ryszard Woźniak Encyklopedia współczesnej broni palnej s. 169" according to that there was a Polish Patent Document No. 54822 for the P-64, maybe the Patent has the data that you are looking for.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
mb3

Post by mb3 »

I dont have a scale that will weigh the P64 slide, it too heavy for any of my reloading scales.
Randall_G

Post by Randall_G »

7.8 oz.

Or, for our friend in Europe, 221 grams.
Attachments
IMG_1248txt.jpg