Parts availability for these guns

Info, pictures, advice...
ThoughtPolice

Parts availability for these guns

Post by ThoughtPolice »

I was looking for a P64 for one of my friends and I ran across some "gunsmith specials" from a centerfire systems company for $80. How hard is it to locate parts for these guns? It says they can be just missing small parts or just be a stripped frame, which could suck. Are the parts for these easy to find or expensive?

Thanks,
-Drew
Disclaimer:
All above text is not warrantied against any misinformation and is all purely speculation on the part of the aforementioned poster. Or something like that.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: Parts availability for these guns

Post by Weasel640 »

There is a gentleman from Poland on gunbroker that sell new (old stock) parts. Depends on what is missing if it would be worth it, or a nightmare. You can still get a complete P-64 in the $200 range from online dealers.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
ThoughtPolice

Post by ThoughtPolice »

Yeah, it seems like a crapshoot at best. I just didn't know if there was a well known source for decent replacement parts. Thanks for the info.
-Drew
Disclaimer:
All above text is not warrantied against any misinformation and is all purely speculation on the part of the aforementioned poster. Or something like that.
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

Just to be clear: it's a guy IN Poland who's selling the parts, not a guy FROM Poland, so plan on a 10-14 day delivery time from order. Having said that, he's an honest and thorough source f/P64 parts. HTH.
Donzi
"Jeez, Tommy, don't you believe in anything?
Yeah, I believe in ammo. As much as I can carry."
bear34

Post by bear34 »

What breaks? These guns seem pretty rugged.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

bear34 wrote:What breaks? These guns seem pretty rugged.
Yeah they are really rugged. However just like anything else mass-produced you will have failures here and there with use. I have never had any major problems with mine, as most of these will not have problems. But this is the P-64 forum so when there are problems, failures, broken parts, e.t.c. we hear about it here. The most common broken parts I remember are safety, firing pin, and trigger guard. Again these will break with any other weapon that sees heavy wear/use.

I suspect that most of the "gunsmith specials" were ones that Poland did not even see as worth repairing when they decommissioned the P-64 so I'd guest it'd be really hit or miss as to what you get. Who knows though. You could get a brand new one that was just waiting for a firing pin or something simple while on the assembly line at the time of decommissioning.

Yes like Donzi mention he is IN Poland so the parts come from Poland and take some time for delivery.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Just go to Gunbroker for a list of parts.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Small-Pistol-P ... ywords=p64
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
bear34

Post by bear34 »

I'm actually bidding on a Makarov barrel conversion kit just in case 9x18 ammo ever gets hard to get. I don't think much goes wrong with Maks either.
expressdog01

Post by expressdog01 »

they make barrel conversion kit's for thease , for what the 380acp? and where would you find one , would like to have one thanks expressdog01
bear34

Post by bear34 »

expressdog01 wrote:they make barrel conversion kit's for thease , for what the 380acp? and where would you find one , would like to have one thanks expressdog01

Sorry if I was unclear, but I was refering to a barrel for a Makarov not a P64.