Truck Gun?

Info, pictures, advice...
nicksterdemus

Truck Gun?

Post by nicksterdemus »

That's right Papabear sintrull arkie. Ridgeway is in the NW. If'n ya wanna split hairs it's 'bout smack dab in da middle of northwest n northcentral. I went thru there almost 2 yrs ago goin' 2 n from Springfield MO buyin' a scooter. Nice ridin' in dem parts I tell you what....

NORM! Love them monogrammed stockgrips. Who be da Silversmith by chance?

Don are ya goin' 2 da Wanenmacher show? Didn't know where in OK ya was @.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Truck Gun?

Post by papabear »

nicksterdemus,

You are correct, my mistake, but I was thinking it was Ridgway, but I really ment Walnut Ridge up between Jonesboro and Pocahontas, its tuff getting old, but I try to hang in there.

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
nicksterdemus

Truck Gun?

Post by nicksterdemus »

Don't get over that way much. It is interesting 2 have a ridge in all that flat land. It's 1 of the rides I hope 2 do this year.
I understand the gettin' older part. They say it's better than the alternative but sometimes ya gotta wonder.....................
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Truck Gun?

Post by anjdrifter »

nick you are right this side of dirt is better.. take that to the bank. I speak with the truth just got back from my cancer check up...
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Truck Gun?

Post by himmel »

Looks right at home!! :P Mind if I monkey with the URL?

I wanted to show off my orbia. I took a picture of it in the garage. I was afraid if I brought it in the house with the other guns it would start to get uppity. Later Don

himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Truck Gun?

Post by himmel »

Yup--1 box =$42-some-odd where i am--and I'm told they aren't any good for anything but punchin' paper with... ::) I may just switch out the mak and the nagant--it occurs to me that the house is safer than the truck, more time to react to a BG trying to enter, more time to remember how to operate the gun--in the truck, it's more likely to be a "snatch and shoot" situation, no??

Nagant revolver might be better (I load it with .32 mag, works fine), but that's my "house gun" for them when I am away... BTW, our gunshop also has a few boxes of .38 Long colt--and a few of .38 S&W for that matter...

I don't blame ya 4 usin' the 32's. 3 boxes of Nagant n ya spent enough 2 almost buy another. Understand it ain't as bad as it used 2 be. Just raggin' Don a bit coz I'm an Arkie...............
nicksterdemus

Truck Gun?

Post by nicksterdemus »

I've seen it online 'round $29 if ya was oderin' sumpthin' else ya wouldn't get raked over the coals on shipin'. I'm paranoid I guess as I don't leave sidearms in vehicles 4 the most part. I sure don't once I've made it back 2 the house. From what I've read the Nag shells will seal off the cylinder(so what?) & 32's tend 2 swell n can be a little tuff to extract(so what again n if ya get in a 7 rnd firefight n had 2 reload I'd run) so I'd shoot 32's if I had Nag. I hate 2 snag a different caliber coz then I end up spendin' 150-300 deneros on ammo.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Truck Gun?

Post by anjdrifter »

The seal is was designed to increase velosity(lol) not enough for all the engineering. I have used 32 S&W Longs and mags. in mine really never had much of problem with the swelling what did find if I did not really brass brush or really really clean the lean residue out of the cyclinder it would cause the real ammo to stick after shooting. the projectile on the 32 is further back or when it ignites it can foul. the nagent ammo is protected from this by design.. is this more then you need to know... look at my avatar.
ps I heard that the 32 mag is about like a 38, not sure but you can tell the difference rom the 762x38 and the 32 long. The gun is a fun gun and when you pull the trigger you know it will go bang.
Last edited by anjdrifter on February 22nd, 2007, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicksterdemus

Truck Gun?

Post by nicksterdemus »

Wolf needs 2 make 32 mag. It would do wonders 4 the sales of the Nag. I see where J&Gsales had an ammo closeout of 32 sw win blanks @$4.95 per 50. Ya could fix yaself up w/some special loads......
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Truck Gun?

Post by dolang1 »

Himmel, Thanks again for posting my picture. I really tried to post it myself. I'll keep playing with it til I get it.

Nicksterdemus, Yes , I will be at the Wanenmacher show when the doors open on Sat. March 31. I live in OKC so we drive up and eat breakfast before we get in line. I'd be glad to buy you breakfast if you are going to be in Tulsa. I bought my Orbea at a Wanenmacher show.
We usually stay about 4 or 5 hours before we give up. You can't see it all. Later Don
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Truck Gun?

Post by himmel »

ps I heard that the 32 mag is about like a 38, not sure but you can tell the difference rom the 762x38 and the 32 long. The gun is a fun gun and when you pull the trigger you know it will go bang.
Yes, that's what I read in my cartridge book-- .32 mag runs about 230 ft/#s of energy, that's about in the middle of the various .38 special loads. Only Federal makes .32 mag ammo now I understand--but it's still easier for me to find than .32 long ::)
nicksterdemus

Truck Gun?

Post by nicksterdemus »

Don I'll sure keep that in mind n thanx 4 the generous offer. Haven't made up my mind a yet. Cousin lives somewhere 'round there but I don't know if it's worth puttin' up w/him 4 a spot 2 flop. Is the Nag cyclinder heat treated? Not that familar w/'em but I'm guessin' even @ 7 rds the cyclinder is fairly healthy. I know the sw 44 russian models were black powder. My he 38 was a couple yrs prior 2 heat treating n I still can't quite make up my mind what rnd 2 shoot. The blazer 158gn lrn outa my 6" brl would be 'bout 230'lb ever so roughly coz it's 200'lb outa 4" n I'm addin' 30'ps 4 each extra ". I think standard load 4 mine was 158gn @ 859'ps, 259'lb. S&B makes a wadcutter that is 161lb outa 7.5" brl. Kinda on da fence.
I think the show should last 3 days but I don't know if I can last 2................
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Truck Gun?

Post by dolang1 »

Nicksterdemus, Immediately after I bought a box of nagant bullets for $28.00, I bought a 32 acp cylinder for it. I think I've still got some of those pricey bullets. You lost me in the discussion about barrels and grains and pounds. I'm still a newby in the reloading department. I loaded some 158g wadcutters for the orbea last night. I'll shoot it from a vice tonight and if still seems safe, I'll try with a welding glove, and then I'll take it to the range. Later Don
nicksterdemus

Truck Gun?

Post by nicksterdemus »

Now it makes sense 2 me as I'd 4got 'bout the 32 cylinder that I'd read 'bout. I don't reload. Those are just some figures I've come up w/researchin' 4 a load that would be less than the standard on a 90 yr old non heat treated cylinder while maintainin' an all lead bullet. Winchester makes a real nice wc round n it's $20 @ 50 rds. Once again 1 of my parameters has been violated...................
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Truck Gun?

Post by dolang1 »

Let me qualify my last post. I use the vice and the welding glove as a precaution, because, like Nick said, I'm shooting an antique gun with a modern bullet (loaded well within the normal range). After rereading my previous post, I thougt it sounded reckless. Later Don