Just bought my 3rd P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
vermonter

Just bought my 3rd P-64

Post by vermonter »

Got a really nice 1972 from SOG. She picked through the lot and said it was the only one with nice bluing. My 71 from Horton looks like hell. I got another 71 from Horton 8 months ago that was mint. I guess the really nice ones are gone. At least I have a parts gun!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Just bought my 3rd P-64

Post by papabear »

I had a nice 72' back when and the DA pull was nice, but my son-in-law got it, because my daughter could pull the trigger with ease, oh well, that's what parents are for.... ::) Does yours have the triangular hammer?

papapear
Last edited by papabear on February 13th, 2007, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Just bought my 3rd P-64

Post by grayfox »

Got a really nice 1972 from SOG. She picked through the lot and said it was the only one with nice bluing. My 71 from Horton looks like hell. I got another 71 from Horton 8 months ago that was mint. I guess the really nice ones are gone. At least I have a parts gun!
Thats what I got mine for, but I ended up getting two...so now I have three. They are 74s and look real good, almost like new. Just a small rub on one of the slides were the bluing is gone. But I was lucking and got good flat grips on mine. (Both already sold).
I believe iin supporting the small local dealer, so I,m paying him a lil over SOGs price, but the 9 1/2 % tax in Tenn hurts. Oh well,
some day they will all be gone and I wil have mine.
BTW,
I have carried it everyday & it sure feels good.
drogers

Just bought my 3rd P-64

Post by drogers »

Vermonter, did SOG let you do the purchase or did you have to use your local FFL dealer for the purchase? Their website led me to believe that on any non C&R guns you needed the dealer to make the purchase as well as do the transfer. Just wondering.
vermonter

Just bought my 3rd P-64

Post by vermonter »

I had my FFL purchase sinc I don't have a FFL or C&R. I was LUCKY from what I hear to find such a nice one. The nice lady at SOG said all the nice round hammers are gone and they are scraping the barrel.
drogers

Just bought my 3rd P-64

Post by drogers »

Thanks for the info.
nicksterdemus

Just bought my 3rd P-64

Post by nicksterdemus »

Vermonter you oughta just go 'head n send me 1 of dem 64's 4 safe keepin' so's ya want be tempted 2 sell it don't ya know..............
vermonter

Just bought my 3rd P-64

Post by vermonter »

I am sure when I git er back you will have done shot all the chrome outa da barrel! Hehehe!
nicksterdemus

Just bought my 3rd P-64

Post by nicksterdemus »

I was gonna run a mop o' Al-U-minnie-um paint rite thru dat bore n slick 'er up 4 I sent it on back 2 ya don't ya know............
vermonter

Just bought my 3rd P-64

Post by vermonter »

Nick, You can use the spray on this guy used:
http://www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.a ... _ID=190917
This poor guy has been trying to sell this for months. Someone said he painted the moly on himself!
nicksterdemus

Just bought my 3rd P-64

Post by nicksterdemus »

That work is too nice 4 me. Besides I'm only certified 2 operate a horsehair brush.......