Original grips

Info, pictures, advice...
Bushy

Original grips

Post by Bushy »

I've been searching for a pair of the original grips for my P64. I was pocket carrying it, and one day, I pulled it out at the end of the day, and both grips had cracks in them.

I've seen the upgrades, colored ones, etc., but I can't seem to locate OEM grips for it. Even Numrich has been out of stock on them for a long time.

Any suggestions, aside from custom grips?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Original grips

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum bro.

There are 3 sets of originals on GB right now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Bushy

Post by Bushy »

Thanks for the help, Curly1. I completely ignored GB as a source. Looks like I was over complicating things.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks again.
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

Curly1 wrote:Welcome to the forum bro.

There are 3 sets of originals on GB right now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx
This is a little off topic, I found two sets on Gun Broker. Both are without the thumb rest (older models). My question is where in the heck is the hole for the screw to fasten them with?
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
Bushy

Post by Bushy »

Well, I am glad you saw that before I ordered them. If these grips are made out of the same stuff my originals were, they are going to be super hard plastic, really brittle, and therefore a real problem to drill out.

Further, both sellers are in Poland. I am starting to think that I need to start looking at just getting the custom grips for it. Which means, of course, that I need to start campaigning with Mrs. Bushy NOW. LOL.

This is way more than I ever expected to have to go through to get a set of replacement grips. :roll:
don1088p64

Post by don1088p64 »

I think that Royal Tiger Imports has them for $25 per set. They are surplus brand new with no holes drilled for the screw that holds them on. At least they did have them about a month ago.

Hope this helps.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

A forum member makes them also but not sure if he drills out the holes.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1923
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary