More BS on EBAY

Info, pictures, advice...
vermonter

More BS on EBAY

Post by vermonter »

Check out this EBAY post for P-64 Springs. Can you imagine saying that the magazine is a "weak link" and they are not designed to to be in service for decades. Then he goes on to say that his magazines will last a lifetime! So Radom magazines won't last more than a few decades, but these magazines will last a lifetime! I guess the pistol is a POS since Radom made it also. Perhaps he can have a clone designed that will last a lifetime. The only possible problem I see is the mag spring. Unless the lips are bent, or there has been some other damage, factory mags will last the life of the gun with spring changes as needed. I am just tired of the mis-information out there. Except for recoil springs and possibly mag springs the P-64 is 100% reliable as is! I have had too many problem with aftermarkets.

EBAY Post:
Product Details : BRAND NEW P-64 MAGAZINES! We have finally received our shipment of brand new Polish P-64 magazines. The weak link for the P-64 pistol is the magazine. The magazines were not designed to be in service for decades, and the magazines being sold with the pistols are all used and dated. These magazines were manufacturered by a company who makes parts for firearms made by Springfield Armory and various armed forces around the world. These are NOT some cheap commercial knock off, these magazines will last a lifetime! Condition: NEW Caliber: 9x18mak Finish: Deep Blue/Black
Last edited by vermonter on January 30th, 2007, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

More BS on EBAY

Post by duggi60 »

I think we can figure out who's selling those mags, also springs
used in any mag will over time weaken & need replacing.

::)
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

More BS on EBAY

Post by nbender »

I'm glad the vendor took the time to make magazines for the P-64. Some have posted here and said that these magazines have worked fine for them. The marketing hype may be a bit over the top, but hype is all it is. He has to make money and I hope he does.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

More BS on EBAY

Post by papabear »

I'm glad he the dropped the price from $19.95 to $9.95, and that was a good thing. ;) As for the hype, they all do it, we just need to be informed before we buy, and that is what this board is providing, and that is a great thing. ;D

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
vermonter

More BS on EBAY

Post by vermonter »

Thats all well and fine. I will still keep looking for any buying the nice ORIGINAL surplus with the com-bloc traditional SN's engraved on the mag.
prometheus

More BS on EBAY

Post by prometheus »

It's been my experience, that aftermarket military mag, are pure garbage and a waste of money. They don't perform as well as the real thing. He can sell those things for 10 cents each and I still wouldn't buy it. Go with the surplus military mag, and you will never be disapointed.
nicksterdemus

More BS on EBAY

Post by nicksterdemus »

Ya gonna find a lot of BS, misrepresentation, down right fraud n shill bidding on Ebay. Just the nature of the best. Ya can also find honest deals fairly represented. Don't hurt 2 do a little snoopin' w/little luck. I just wish mag springs were made 4 da 64...............