Score!

Info, pictures, advice...
DoubleTap

Score!

Post by DoubleTap »

I finally found a nice East German Makarov at a local gun emporium (Olde English for anyone local) for $325. I would have been perfectly happy with a Bulgarian version, but this is even better! I’ll have to get some pictures once I get it over to the range. :D
lklawson

Re: Score!

Post by lklawson »

'Grats! :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
vorakam

Post by vorakam »

Sounds like a good price based on the few E.German Maks Ive seen at gunshows.
I saw one 2 weeks ago at the Medina show for, I think, $425.00.
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

I felt pretty good about it, given that I've seen Bulgarians go for that much. I probably would have spent that much on a minty Bulgarian too, if I hadn't run across this one first.

The gun itself is in great shape. The bluing is almost pristine; the bore looks like new, there's very little wear on the internals or even the magazine followers. There wasn't even that much dirt in the gun when I cleaned it. Curiously though, the grip looks like hell. Not sure how the two ended up together. I figure I can always find another grip though, and the one that’s on there is perfectly serviceable. I can’t wait to see how it shoots!
gwbiker

Post by gwbiker »

I have an East German Makarov, dated 1960. Paid $300 at local gun show. Probably the most accurate handgun in my stash of SIG, Glock, RIA, Colt and Ruger. Outstanding parts fitting and finish on the East German Makarov, IMHO.

OEM grip was replaced with an Pearce rubber grip for shooting comfort.