Beretta 84F Cheetah .380acp

Use this section for all other firearms
dom

Beretta 84F Cheetah .380acp

Post by dom »

Purchased a pair of these last month from Century Arms. Italian police trade ins, some holster wear with minor nicks and scratches, the internals are still VG and the crome lined bores still look like new.
The slide is blued steel and the frame is an aluminum casting that has been black anodized and is fed by a 13 round ds magazine. They also make the same handgun w/ a thinner 8 round ss mag designated the model 85.

I did a spray on refinish on the frame of the bottom pistol in this pic, I'll probably reblue the slide sometime this summer. Also added some checkered walnut grips purchased from CDNN for $20 bucks vs. $58 from Beretta. Going by their website dating info and proofmarks on the pistols these are dated 1995 and 1989.

And for scale, here's one with a P64. Not a whole lot bigger in size but noticeably thicker with the higher cap. mag.

Good news is both performed flawlessly at the range with no failures of any kind using several brands of both HP and FMJ. A fun pistol to shoot and fits my hand very well.
Bad news is my handgun marksmanship is just as bad as it's always been.
This is offhand @ 10 yds.

papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: Beretta 84F Cheetah .380acp

Post by papabear »

dom,

Nice looking pair, I'd be really pleased with them but I'm jusn not a .380 guy, but I really like the checkered walnut grips you got from CDNN, my Beretta 92 came with a set of the Beretta checkered walnut grips.