New P-64 owner here!

Info, pictures, advice...
DoubleTap

New P-64 owner here!

Post by DoubleTap »

Recently, I've begun augmenting my Eastern European handgun collection. I bought a like-new PA-63 about a month ago, and decided that a P-64 would make a nice companion piece for it. I was worried that it might be difficult to find one. Lo and behold, I found a beauty at a gun show in Columbus not two weeks later!

I took it out to the range the next day. Firing off a bag at 25 yards, the first five round group looked like this:

The wayward round in the upper right hand corner was me stacking the trigger slightly, as I didn't expect the single action trigger pull to be so light. (Ammo was 95 gr. Winchester, BTW – about the only 9x18 I can seem to find locally.) The accuracy of this little pistol is amazing, and far better than my PPK! I generally prefer shooting reactive targets, and spent the rest of my time bouncing around a tin can, which wasn't the least bit safe at 25 yards. Now I want another one!

Very nice board and a great resource for everything P-64! :D
nightwatch

Re: New P-64 owner here!

Post by nightwatch »

Hey Double Tap, welcome to the site! I love my P64, and I'm thinking of adding a PA63 to my collection. What did you have to pay for your "like new" PA63 and did you buy it local or over the net? If over the net what was the price with shipping, and who did you buy from? Post a picture of your PA63. Thanks a lot.
Good shooting to all!
"If it's easy...... why bother"
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

nightwatch wrote:Hey Double Tap, welcome to the site! I love my P64, and I'm thinking of adding a PA63 to my collection. What did you have to pay for your "like new" PA63 and did you buy it local or over the net? If over the net what was the price with shipping, and who did you buy from? Post a picture of your PA63. Thanks a lot.
Good shooting to all!
I paid $160 for it at a local gunshop. I've seen them at a few gun shows as well. They're probably somewhat easier to find then the P-64, and they shoot pretty darn well too! This one is mine...

nightwatch

Post by nightwatch »

Hey Double Tap, thanks for the reply. There is a local shop I visit often that has a PA63 in MINT condition, but he wants $240 for it. I've been holding off buying it because I thought that was just too high. Your PA63 just confirms that I need to wait. The temptation has been great, but I think I'll wait for a better deal. I would gladly pay $160 for one like yours. By the way, I've shot Prvi and Fiochi 9x18 in my P64 with no malfunctions at all. The indoor range I shoot at won't let us use bi-metal ammo such as Brown/Silver Bear so if you get a chance to buy Prvi or Fiochi give them a try. Once again, thanks for your reply!
Good shooting to all, Nightwatch
"If it's easy...... why bother"
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

To me, $240 is too much, unless you want one really, really badly and money is no object- a la your typical gunbroker auction. Barring that, I'd look around for a better deal. If you have any gun shows nearby, that would definitely be your best best. Then again, you could try haggling with the guy a little, especially if that gun has been sitting in his shop for a while. Never hurts to try.

I haven't seen any Prvi or Fiochi 9x18 around here. Come to think of it, I haven't seen much of any 9x18 around here lately. Seems to have dried up for some odd reason. I'll grab a box of the Winchester when it pops up ($$$), but all the gun shops around here tell me they're having a hard time getting it. They have lots of .380 though. A year ago they had plenty of 9x18 but no .380. Go figure. Guess I'll have to order some more from MidwayUSA.

Good luck on your search. The PA-63 is a nice little handgun. Mine isn't quite as accurate as my P-64, but it's awfully close. The two-tone look takes some getting used to, but as the old saying goes, pretty is as pretty does. :wink: