Help Us Secure a Dedicated Domain!

Info, pictures, advice...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND I THOUGHT I HAD READ EVERYTHING G BUT JUST FOUND THIS THE OTHER NIGHT WE DON'T NEED MUCH SO IF YOU CAN DONATE A DOLLAR OR TWO

Any donation would be appreciated to help us secure a dedicated domain name for this site. We are a non-profit site for educational use and we sell items P-64 related for NO cost to the seller.

http://p64.home.insightbb.com/main.htm

AT THE BOTTOM LIFT
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by space »

There are lots of good names available.

I can get one for $8/year from GoDaddy.com but who would need to link it to this site?

I'm in for a few bucks...
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

Hi everyone -- I just donated $10.00 to this domain project, hope
it helps !

;D
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

duggi60, I followed your lead and matched you for $10. I know I've gotten more than $10 worth of advice from this site, but I'm saving up for fur lined sink to go in my reloading room. Later Don
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

$10 it is. I entered "Project 107". Hope that goes to this site!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

My $10 is in for "Project 107" too.

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

As I have been extremely busy lately, I wanted to make sure that I found the post on here regarding donations to answer any questions and to say thank you. Project107 is my web design/development company. You ARE donating to the right name. I'd like to thank all of you who visit this board frequently and contribute to this quaint little community. This board has become completely self sufficient and it's because we have wonderful members such as yourself. I appreciate every bit of effort you all have put into this site - it's as much yours as it is mine.

Currently, the site resides at an ISP domain (mine). This is where the insightbb.com extension comes into play. At the time I revamped the old site, I had so much going on and so many other projects, I simply couldn't afford to fork over any $ for a domain name - especially when it's success was still to be seen. The site will still live at this domain (http://p64.home.insightbb.com) but will also live at it's new domain (TBA). The new domain will give us the flexibility to initiate several upgrades and won't be dependent on my personal ISP (Insight upgraded their equipment a number of months ago, and they almost lost the site and all the files. It was down for close to 3 weeks). Keep in mind that this board is hosted for free by proboards, so the board won't be going anywhere. The new site can handle much more traffic and the bandwidth will have such a high limit, that it won't be an issue. I do encourage all of you who sell P-64 related goods to take some good photos and name your price, so you can sell your merchandise off the site. At this point, only NORM has taken advantage of this with his springs.

So, I apologize for being so long-winded, but I wanted to make sure that you all know and understand the intentions I have with your generous donations. Think of it as stock. You all own this site - as long as you still come here and learn, teach, and enjoy yourself, our growth will continue on an exponential basis.

If at any point there is anything I can do for any of you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Respectfully,
Chris "dickfunk" Dickow
Last edited by dfunk on December 2nd, 2006, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

I am also very please with the other members of this site for
their wonderful contributions to the dedicated domain project,
it will benefit all of us & future new members.

:)
truth

Post by truth »

No, No, No, THANK YOU !!!!
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Project 107 Donation made! I love this Forum, and the P-64!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Those who have donated that do NOT see 'Stakeholder' next to their names, please email me with your screen name. I can't search our members by email, so I need a little help. I do have your names for the donation, but, I can't search in that way either. This is something Proboards should consider implementing, as we have 33 pages of members. Thanks!
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

I donated $10 as well, and think that it is money well spent. I greatly enjoy this forum--far more than any others that I have been associated with.

Devlinfaust
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by rlj102468 »

I'm in for some also. Hope it helps out some. This site has been the greatest help for anyone with a P-64 than I can think of. Thanks for keeping it going. Glad I can help.

C-Ya, Bobby J.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

Is there another acceptable method of donation besides PayPal Gestapo?
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Well, beaslydano, you don't need a PayPal account for the donation. You can simply use a credit card. If it bothers you to do so, email me and I can give you an address for check if you'd like. Wonderful people!