best gun for investment?

Use this section for all other firearms
jobot

best gun for investment?

Post by jobot »

I would like to buy a gun or two for investment purposes what do you guys think would be my best bet?
mirother

Re: best gun for investment?

Post by mirother »

It depends a bit on your interests. Your collection should be for your own satisfaction first, and potential reward only second. If your focus is on pistols/revolvers, let me make a few suggestions. You could do a lot worse than another P-64. The importation must end pretty soon as they run out, and the price is right. The CZ 82 can only go up in value when importation ceases. It is priced over $100 under the going rate of a Makarov, and it probably is a much better pistol. The CZ 83 is in production, the same pistol essentially, so parts are available. J&G has a Bulgarian Mak. If you don't have one, it is probably a good enough deal. Last, let me suggest looking at J&G's Smith & Wesson police trade in revolvers. If you like .38 Special, they have some good buys. In some cases, they are very close in price to Eastern European pistol imports. They are accurate and extremely well made. I don't see them going down in value. The transition from revolvers to pistols is about complete. So, these should dry up soon, sending prices up.