C&R CCW Holsters

Use this section for all other firearms
blackblade

C&R CCW Holsters

Post by blackblade »

Although my usual CCW is the G19, my companion piece for the AK is the Tokarev as my choice for a sidearm:

Armor piercing and excellent penetration.

Secondary sidearm (Wolverine ankle holster):

The Makarov makes a nice companion Back Up Gun (BUG). Although I would perhaps take a CZ-82 over a Makarov for the better ambidrexious drop free magazine release for quick change out not to mention the higher capacity mags.

I am working on getting a couple custom IWB holsters made for the CZ-82 and Makarov. Similar to the IWB holster from Dick (US Gunleather) made for my P-64s (not C&R guns however).

- Black Blade
kurremkarm

C&R CCW Holsters

Post by kurremkarm »

Nice! Thanks for sharing.
cichlid

C&R CCW Holsters

Post by cichlid »

Nice stuff, love the Tokarev holster. After shooting my Tokarev for the first time this weekend, I'm a big fan.
blackblade

C&R CCW Holsters

Post by blackblade »

The Wolverine ankle holster also works well with the CZ-82

Another IWB holster (Russian) and mag carrier for Makarov

The Fobus IWB holster (Czech Republic) with mag carrier

Fobus used to be sold through a couple online dealers like Makarov.com and now defunct Redstorm.com but now they sell through Fleabay (eBay).
Last edited by blackblade on February 22nd, 2010, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
stover

C&R CCW Holsters

Post by stover »

Blackblade, I'm curious about how you carry your TTC.
I have a Zastava M57 (Yugo Tokarev) with a sear blocking safety in the same location as a 1911 style pistol. I carry it cocked n locked and concealed during really bad winter days and on half cock as a car or trail gun.
I've considered getting a TTC also but I don't like the look of the import safety. Curious on your thoughts and how you carry it, if you actually carry it. Thx
blackblade

C&R CCW Holsters

Post by blackblade »

stover wrote: Blackblade, I'm curious about how you carry your TTC.
I have a Zastava M57 (Yugo Tokarev) with a sear blocking safety in the same location as a 1911 style pistol. I carry it cocked n locked and concealed during really bad winter days and on half cock as a car or trail gun.
I've considered getting a TTC also but I don't like the look of the import safety. Curious on your thoughts and how you carry it, if you actually carry it. Thx
I carry one in the chamber on half cock. I usually field strip the gun, pull off the safety and throw it away. These were designed without a safety. The safety is the half-cocked position.

I know why they were recalled recently, The after market safeties had problems. I got one and before removing the safety I took it to the club. It went "full auto" firing all 9 rounds. Apparently the safety rotates and pushes against the disconector and sear causing multiple firings. I took off the safety and it works normal now. Besides, when field stripping the spring-loaded locking pin on the safety goes flying off and is lost anyway, making the safety rather useless for anyone who cleans their guns.
stover

C&R CCW Holsters

Post by stover »

That's what I figured I'd do with it too, if I get one. Might just buy another Yugo, I actually like the safety on them.
BTW: the IO safety issue sounds like it made for a fun day at the range. I had a 1911 go auto once luckily it jammed after a couple rounds.
blackblade

Re: C&R CCW Holsters

Post by blackblade »

UPDATE:

Recently I have been carrying a German Makarov in a Don Hume IWB holster:

This week I recieved my Brigade IWB holster I had on order. It came sooner than I had expected:

I also recieved my Brigade IWB holster for the CZ-82: