Galco

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
scriptoe

Galco

Post by scriptoe »

I currently have a galco sob204 small of the back holster for my p64. I ordered the one made for the walther ppk and it fits perfectly. I am thinking about buying a Galco stinger holster in the same size. I have a stinger for my Ruger LCP and I love it. I have galco holsters for all my handguns. In my opinion they are the best made and best fitting commercial holsters on the market.

Has anyone tried the Galco Stinger for their P64's?
tooldawg99

Galco

Post by tooldawg99 »

I have been a long-time fan of Galco, and agree that they make excellent holsters. Unfortunately, they only make their designs for the most common pistols on the market, and their pricing has never been very competitive.

Desantis made a holster identical to the Galco Stinger. I have one for my GLock 19, and it also fits the Glock 26. The only issue is with the belt slot: the gun and holster is not secure on the belt with such an attachment. The rig (and gun) moves, wiggles, and it can be VERY annoying. The fit to my gun is very good, and I don't worry about the gun coming out of the holster, but the constant shifting caused me to always be grabbing at the rig...not very good for a CCW.

I suggest the pancake rig made here by Dick Funk aka US Gunleather: it is molded especially for the P64, premium leather, great design, VERY SECURE on the belt, uses no thumbsnaps, and is every bit the equal of Galco in every way...and you can buy 3 of them for what you would spend for 1 from Galco.

Just my 2-cents.
scriptoe

Galco

Post by scriptoe »

I don't know how $45 with free shipping could be more competative. My stinger for my lcp is as solid as a rock and doesn't wiggle a millimeter. One key is having a very good gun belt. Galco also makes those in up to 1 3/4 inch.

Both can be had at Optics Planet for a very good price and free shipping.

If it's worth carrying, it's worth carrying well.

Oh, and most uncommon guns will have a common counterpart of which a holster is readily available. The exception being the cz-52. I have never found a holster made specifically for it. Unless you count the flap holster that comes with them.

The P-64 fits perfectly in any Walther PPK holster.
tooldawg99

Galco

Post by tooldawg99 »

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but just because mine does not agree with yours does not entitle you to belittle mine.

I have to wonder, with some amusement at your wearing a belt side holster for a gun that is best suited for a pocket to begin with, but again, that is your choice. To me, it's sort of like searching for a belted holster with a thumbstrap retainer for a NAA mini .22 What's the point of buying a concealable pocket gun if you're gonna put it in a holster on your belt?

But again, it's your choice, it's your gun, do whatever you want with it. You asked for comments on the Stinger, I think it sucks for CCW, you disagree. Again, if you don't want comments that don't agree with yours, don't ask for them.

As for your comment that ANY PPK holster will fit the P-64... all I can say is your ignorance is showing. That is certainly NOT true, and most who have tried to find quality holsters for the P-64 know your comment is laughable. The P64 and the PPK are not the same gun, are not the same length, nor are they the same width or have the same trigger guard and pull. If you truly believed your comment that "if it's worth carrying, it's worth carrying well" you would be agreeing that a holster custom fit for the same weapon would logically be a better choice than finding one from a major maker that is "close".

But again, your opinion is yours and yours alone, and you are welcome to it.
scriptoe

Galco

Post by scriptoe »

I read over my post again and I can't find where I belittled anybody. I know for sure that it was never my intention. And I'm positive that I never used words like ignorance. And I never directly attacked your opinions, I only stated my own.

If this is how the members of this site act to standard conversation I can tell I'm not going to fit in here.

I would like to ask that a mod or admin delete my account. You can consider my resignation tendered.
rottenrick

Galco

Post by rottenrick »

scriptoe, Actually when you read the threads on different subjects, you'll see there is very little discord here, and those that do start things, don't last long. In fact I can think of ONLY ONE other instance since posting here. Well, do what you think you must, no one here would push you to do anything. Just remember, everyone has a bad day, perhaps you'll reconsider.

PS. Dickfunk is a go to guy for leather rigs, especially the P-64. I have a rig,and dual mag carrier. He only does made to order rigs, they are absolutely Primo. How many guys can say they've had gunleather made just for them?? I can.
Last edited by rottenrick on July 4th, 2009, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhandy

Galco

Post by jhandy »

wow, testy. Anyway, it is true that ppk holsters dont necessarily fit the p-64. especially the straps, or thumb breaks. the ppk must be shorter. I found a shoulder rig for ppk that fit well except the thumbreak. I ordered a clip draw. should be coming soon. someone else here uses it and says its great. will see.
And, CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!????????