Picts comparing P-64 to other pocketable pistols?

Info, pictures, advice...
sullivan

Post by sullivan »

So far Ive seen picts comparing the P-64 to Glocks and the Walther PPs but I have yet to see any pictures comparing the P-64 to other smaller pocket pistols like, Kel-Tec, Seecamp, NAA and any of the notorious "Saturday Night Specials". I realize that these are in a different size class, its just more of a question of wanting to see the difference for academic reasons.

I first saw the P-64 in a J&G add in Shotgun News and immediately thought,

1. That looks ideal for concealed carry.
2. That might fit my small hands correctly.
3. That's something I can actually afford.

After some Googling, I found this forum and here I am.
jbabbler

Post by jbabbler »

Unfortunately, all I can offer is a few pictures of mine next to my Steyr S9 which is the Steyr sub-compact. My S9 carries 12+1 9mm +P as pictured.
The difference in thickness is where the P64 really shines.

John has a long mustache
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

THere is also a post I made comparing the P64 to the Glock 26. Thickness was also the most revealing issue.
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

Someone sent this to me, and I have learned a lot from it by comparing other pistols to each other. Perhaps someone could measure the trigger/backstrap and overall length of the P64 and see which of these pistols it is closest to in size. Once we pick a suitable "clone", the comparison to other smaller pistols will be easy!

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

Sorry, could not figure out how to attach the PDF file.
sullivan

Post by sullivan »

Very nice photography jbabbler. The P-64's thickness (or lack thereof) seems to be one of its strong-suits when compared to most other pistols. Tooldawg, I have read your post, its part of what gave me the idea to see if anyone has pictures like it. I also have that PDF on my hard drive. I'm surprised no one has posted a Makarov caparison since it seems quite a few people on this board seem to own both.
rick9plus

Post by rick9plus »

Someone made and posted a 10 minute P-64 video review on YouTube. The guy is pretty through in his demos and review. He side-by-sides the P-64 to a Bulgarian Makarov, giving a decent size comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyXAklp0a2I
primarchbentley

Post by primarchbentley »

Here's something a bit different: how does a P64 compare w/ a 'mouse gun'? Now that I finally got the grips from Dennis for my CZ 1945 (.25 cal., or 6.35mm), I figured I'd use it.

(The CZ1945 would be slimmer with the original bakelite grip, but the original grip had a nasty crack through the screw hole, hence the Dennis replacement)

EDIT: I should add that the CZ 1945 is fairly comparable across the board with the 'more familiar' Beretta 21 Bobcat, except for width (the Bobcat is thicker, due to slide design and safety lever).
Last edited by primarchbentley on June 12th, 2009, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sullivan

Post by sullivan »

Oh beautiful primarchbentley, I like seeing all comparisons but that is exactly what I had in mind. Also a mouse gun Ive never seen before which is a bonus. I have a pretty good sense of the size of the Bobcat from the pdf file mentioned above so that's a good note.

On a side note these pictures might help me in the future model the P-64 for use in the online virtual world Second Life. So far I have built the Luty BSP-SMG and am nearly done making the NAA Guardian (.380/.32naa size).
Last edited by sullivan on June 16th, 2009, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.