AimSurplus has 94-grain Silver Bear JHP

Info, pictures, advice...
steve98664

Post by steve98664 »

Nbender,

Thought it might be interesting for those who haven't bought this to see what we're talking about! Sorry if some of the pics are slightly blurry.

You can see that the RAM and old silver bear had the red seal at the point of projectile insertion in addition to the primer area. Other than the red seal, the old RAM FMJ and HP look the same to me as the new silver bear FMJ and HP looking at the cartridge casing. The projectile is different for the HP rounds.

I guess some of the Winchester is S&B and some is not from what I was told. The ammo dealer at the last show I went to pointed out the boxes with Czech manufacture label as S&B and the others as something else. I also think their quality control is much better.

I agree with you on the russian federation.

The cardboard boxes of RAM and new silver bear are slightly different , but they look closer to me in similarity than the plastic bullet rack of the old silver bear 115g. The colors of the RAM and the silver bear are obviously different, but I'm comparing the cardboard box cartridge holders.

Note that the RAM round looks just like the new silver bear FMJ. Both are zinc clad. The projectile insertion area looks exactly the same to me. Old silver bear was nickel clad and the insertion bulge looks different and deeper.

Endview of the new silver bear HP 94g and the old RAM HP look the same to me. Same barnaul mark on the casing in the same spot.

You can see the LVE mark on the old 115g silver bear here.

This is a cool view of the HP hole for the new silver bear compared to the old RAM HP. The projectile is different as mentioned. Note in the pictures farther above that the projectile insertion into the barnaul marked casing is the same for the RAM HP and new silver bear HP. I believe the smaller HP hole and the smoother edges of the new silver bear HP hole make the round feed better. Other folks have told me that RAM HP fed just fine.
Last edited by steve98664 on August 13th, 2006, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Nice pics, thanks.