Any thoughts?

Use this section for all other firearms
hairypolack

Any thoughts?

Post by hairypolack »

I have a gun show coming up in a week and I will have $450-$500 to spend. I am looking for a new pistol and have already come up with some possibilities ( Glock 17 or 19, Sig P226 police trade in...okay so maybe only three possibilities) but I would want some other possibilities that I haven't heard of or even thought of. I would like the gun to be chambered in 9X19 but I am open to other calibers and revolvers as well.
dwd

Any thoughts?

Post by dwd »

I've had my eye on a FEG browning hi power copy. But you should have money left over. Then get some ammo?
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
hairypolack

Any thoughts?

Post by hairypolack »

dwd wrote:I've had my eye on a FEG browning hi power copy. But you should have money left over. Then get some ammo?
what is it called?
dwd

Any thoughts?

Post by dwd »

P9R is what it says, in 9mm.
I'm not sure you can get a CZ 75B for $500 but you might. I'd like to have one of those too!
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
rottenrick

Any thoughts?

Post by rottenrick »

I have a FN P-35 and an FEG copy. They're pretty much the same. Both real accurate, fit and finish not qite the same, but both are very good. Interchangeable 13 round mags. The FEG has a slip on grip with finger grooves for the last two fingers with a slight palm swell. If I had known about the FEG I would not have bought the FN. Both eat just about anything.
But the thing with me is I have broad hands, with short fingers. But the web between my thumb and forefinger is small. It's not suited to my pistols with double stack magazines. The Hi-Pwr and FEG clones are narrow below the slide and the trigger is set back, not forward like a lot new style guns. I was in a shop the other day, there was a guy looking for a pistol. He was looking at an FEG. He asked if they knew anyone that had one. I spoke up, hefted it extended it, it wasn't the same. The grips were over molded Packmeyers, it did not feel comfortable to me or the other guy. So, went out and got my FEG clone with the slip-on. Everyone agreed it was a better fit. I guy tried to buy it from me. I just suggested he change the grips, they had stock grips plus slip-ons right there. That's what he did. We went out to the range behind the store, ran through 50 FMJ's a piece thru mine, he has to wait three days to get his. Think I got a new shoot'in buddy.
The model no. is PJK-9HP made in Hungary by FEG. Nothing fancy, just a good solid inexpensive weapon. Mine feels like it's a natural extention of my arm, like it was made just for me. It's a pretty cool feeling. Both a have a real P-35 and a clone, life is sweet.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Any thoughts?

Post by normsutton »

hairypolack

if you want a 9 mm I have 2 FEG's HP one in 9 mm and one in 40 cal

you also get a star BM or B for under 300

sorry I don't have a pix of the BM before I have it hard chromed

I don't like plastic guns or rubber grips

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
primarchbentley

Any thoughts?

Post by primarchbentley »

dwd wrote:I'm not sure you can get a CZ 75B for $500 but you might. I'd like to have one of those too!
There's a decent chance you can find a CZ-75B under $500 (even if only slightly under). And if not a CZ-75B itself, there will likely be some of the CZ-75 clones around, such as the EAA Witness.
hairypolack

Any thoughts?

Post by hairypolack »

this is what i went with.

FNH FNP-9

I like it. Very much!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Any thoughts?

Post by papabear »

hairypolack,

Very nice find, I'd say you did just fine. I prefer .45acp's although I do have a few 9mm, Beretta 92F, S&W 908 and a Star BM, did have a EAA Witness 9 but sold it for another project, all of which I love to shoot, I have heard good things about the FNP 9's, hope to see a range report on your new addition soon.

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
rottenrick

Any thoughts?

Post by rottenrick »

I'd like to find a Webley mark II or VI with the cylinder shaved down to accept .45 ACP with moon clips. It would also accept .45 auto-rim. Most of the MK II's are2- 3 inch barrel, with a pidgeon head grip, top break. Most still around were made before WW I. A powerful revolver, fast reload with moon clips.
pshootr

Any thoughts?

Post by pshootr »

I have read that normal .45 ACP ball ammo will cause the Webley to loosen up fairly fast. Lightly loaded lead handloads were recommended. The factory .455 British rounds were loaded lighter than .45 ACP.
I don't own one so I don't know for sure. I think most pre-MK IV's are 4" barreled, MK IV's usually 6". I think MK II's are pre-Boer war, 1890's, and may be black powder proofed, not "nitro" (smokeless) powder rated. Fiocchi still loads .455 Brit.

I do have a MK III Pocket Model in .38 S&W, or .380 as the Brits call it. Compared to a "modern" hand-ejector Smith reloading is rather clumsy IMHO, even with speed loaders.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Any thoughts?

Post by normsutton »

both of mine have a shaved cylinder's I even have a mould for the 265 grn Webley bullet that I load in the 45 auto cases

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
rottenrick

Any thoughts?

Post by rottenrick »

Norm, The one on the left is a MK VI, with a cut down barrel? The right is a MKII. How do they feel?? I don't even think you'ed have to hot load them. Wouldn't want to get hit with even a factory load. The thing I like is after all these years they're still around. I been to gun shows and found some Webley's. But there was always something wrong with them. Either pitted, eject didn't work, or a loose lock-up. Some times all the screws are gurred and boogered-up so it would be hard to take a part. Even saw one where the breech face was loose (that's how I learned it could be changed out if needed. Never seen that before). Also, there's a difference buying used from say J&G vice some guy off the street. I'm very reluctant to buy from Gun Broker. I will say those cast bullets are pretty deformed, re-enforces my reluctance to get hit by one. One day I'll be in the right place at the right time. Looks good man!
rottenrick

Any thoughts?

Post by rottenrick »

Norm on a side issue, you might be interested in this. In one of the gun shops I trade at (he's the only local gun smith) I was there when this old fella' older than me anyway, walked in with a Martini-henry carbine. It had been his fathers. Chambered for .303 brit. this thing was a beauty. It had seen some use, but not much. Didn't have a clue how much this thing was worth. One of the locals offered him $150.00 for it. To the owners credit he told the old fella' it was worth way more than that. It was NRA excellent. Even the stock was good. Boy was that one guy mad, he ended up paying 500.00 for it. I'd never seen a good one up close, it had a real quick action. Was happy the guy got some decent money for it. He could have held out for more though.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Any thoughts?

Post by normsutton »

rottenrick wrote:Norm on a side issue, you might be interested in this. In one of the gun shops I trade at (he's the only local gun smith) I was there when this old fella' older than me anyway, walked in with a Martini-henry carbine. It had been his fathers. Chambered for .303 brit. this thing was a beauty. It had seen some use, but not much. Didn't have a clue how much this thing was worth. One of the locals offered him $150.00 for it. To the owners credit he told the old fella' it was worth way more than that. It was NRA excellent. Even the stock was good. Boy was that one guy mad, he ended up paying 500.00 for it. I'd never seen a good one up close, it had a real quick action. Was happy the guy got some decent money for it. He could have held out for more though.
rottenrick

the 303 Martini's a rare , there are so many fakes around (KP's )
I have 5 Martini's
3 557x450

1 33/30
1 38x55

I do have a fake 303 that i may into a 22lr

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage