Here is a chuckle

Info, pictures, advice...
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Here is a chuckle

Post by gunneyrabbit »

OK guys here is something that will make you smile!

Been down for several days with a nasty virus and have been sucking on a bottle of codeine cough syrup, pounding down antibiotics and chewing up as many Excedrin as possible. Stuff winds me up like a ten day watch and sleeping is a ridiculous task. Thats not the chuckle part.

Nothing better to do so I started looking for ammo stats in a bunch of my old GUNTEST magazines. Along with the ammo info I ran across two issues that reviewed "Surplus Hand Guns" and guess what, there were issues that reviewed a Makarov, Carpati, PA-63 and the P64. "NOT WORTH THE INVESTMENT" was the quote in one issue, oh yes, they don't have anything good to say about about the Cobra Patriot either?

How do these guys stay in business?

In all fairness they did do fallow up issues applauding the East German Makarov, CZ52 and model 70 as well as both Chinese and Polish Tokarovs. I'm also sure that given the insights that have been unearthed by this and other forums they would also change their collective minds regarding the PA-63, P-64 and Makarov's. Wish I had knowledge regarding the Carpati, I think that 6x6pinz is going to keep us informed about his recent purchase of a Carpati, who knows it may be the next kissing cousin to be added to our family of fine European imports.

As an aside, two of the interesting ammo stats that they did publish was the muzzle energy of the 115gr Braunel 9x18 round out of the P64, it was 21 pounds heavier at 252 ft.-lbs. muzzle energy as apposed to Winchester 115gr 9MM FMJ round out of a Kahr PM9 at 231 ft.-lbs., go figure?
For those of you who carry compact 32's, you should be looking at 60gr. Corbon JHP, 1323fps and 233ft.-lbs. of muzzle energy out of a Walther PP, think FEG 32 auto or, 1264 fps and 213 ft.-lbs. muzzle energy out of a CZ VZOR.
Who needs a snubie?
G.R.
mrjd

Here is a chuckle

Post by mrjd »

that 115 grain round would have quite a kick back on you though I would think.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Here is a chuckle

Post by gunneyrabbit »

mrjd, the pistol was actually designed for the 95gr round and people are warned not to shoot 115gr ammo out of the P-64, much like shooting Corbon 60gr 32acp. out of a Kel-Tec P32, too hot for the gun and continual use will cause problems. Norm is the fellow to go to for all the strait dope on ammo for the P-64.
G.R.