Finally got to shoot

Info, pictures, advice...
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Finally got to shoot

Post by himmel »

my P64!! I dunno where all that "bad press" comes from ( the stuff I see on other boards i mean)..I only got to shoot about half a box, but there were no jams, no bites, no monster recoil--no nuthin' but some fun shootin'! ;D I'm not much of a shooter, so i can't vouch for the accuracy or lack thereof--my dad was watching, the first time i shot rapid-fire he said all 6 went into the same spot--only it was a spot just off the target! LOL! I can't wait to try some more-- ;D i know i can shoot some, I tried my brother's Heritage .22 SA, put all 6 just where i wanted them--i just need to learn how to hold steady against recoil...
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Finally got to shoot

Post by dolang1 »

Himmel, Did you shoot it with wood grips? I see, like the cobbler's children that have now shoes. I haven't shot with the wood grips because I don't want to hurt them. I won't be able to stand it much longer. I'll let you know when I do. If they break, I'll order some more.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Finally got to shoot

Post by himmel »

I did--they were very comfortable, but the varnish where the wood meets the top of the frame in back showed some tiny cracks--it was just in the varnish, Christian sanded it out and fixed it, but he is modifying his design to eliminate any potential problem...making the backstrap part fit better against the frame...Let us know if any problems come up...