buying a P64, it's here a nice 1972

Info, pictures, advice...
tankerfrank

Post by tankerfrank »

I am going to buy a P64 and join the club!

1) are any date better than other date?
2)what are the marking on them police vs Army?

thank you for your help.
Last edited by tankerfrank on February 17th, 2006, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

tankerfrank,

Welcome to the P-64 Forum! I think you will be pleased joining the "Club" of P-64 owners. I have a lot of pistols and the P-64 may be one of the smallest I have, but it is on the top of my list for favorites. It is not perfect for all situations, but a fun piece to shoot and is easy to carry.

Now for your questions, I don't think any date is any better than another. I have an ealy one and a late one and the difference between the two is minimal. My 1977 date has a harder DA pull than my 1967 pistol. This does not bother me as I seldon use the DA anyway.

As far as I know, the P-64 was used by the Police and Polish Military without any specific markings. With that said, there is always a "caviat" that some Police or Military units MAY put some type marks on them, but I have nevedr heard this. If you read the previous postings, the holsters come in Black, Brown, and White. These do have specific meaning as to which units were issued what color. I don't want to be wrong, so read the posting and you will find the correct meaning of each color. I have one Black, and one Brown now, with one more coming from Poland and the color does not matter to me for now. I am looking for one more P-64 and that needs to be a 1971 or 1972 dated pistol. Then I will have the First, Second and Third variation of the pistol.

Please come back often and enjoy this pistol with the rest of us guys!
coaster

Post by coaster »

It is my understanding that the black holsters are the color used by the navy.
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

BLACK = Navy; BROWN = Army (ground forces) ; WHITE = Dress/Cerimonial; SKELiTON= Security force, ie:(NKVD/KGB etc., (also used to attach on desk(out of sight)!!!
tankerfrank

Post by tankerfrank »

well it's here! A real nice p-64 dated 1972 , one thing i can tell you is that they must be replacing the left side grips, becaues the right side look's uesd a little, but the left look,s total new. it came from SOG, with two Mag, no number on them. on the left rear by the hammer is stamp A ,and Polish diamond with a 2 in side it. Polish oval 11 and 1972 on the right side of slide, Polish diamond PW3 in side of it ,on left front of grip, pay $171.00 out the door. overall very happy.
warthog

Post by warthog »

Was this gun in service in 1962? If so, that would be the one I want.
I have inly two weapons from that year, my birth year.
Its a collection thing with me. ;)

Plainfield? Maybe we can shoot together sometime.
tankerfrank

Post by tankerfrank »

no i think the first year was 1968.
warthog

Post by warthog »

Well, at least I won't have to kill myself looking for one now. ;)