FYI on mil-surp ammo ...

Use this section for all other firearms
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

FYI on mil-surp ammo ...

Post by carguy »

Like I said before...I wish I had the skills, knowledge, nerve and now "wallet" to build one of those!

WOW! :'(

I'm floored at the $500 you spent one piece that you only used part of it! :'( Forget all the other stuff you mentioned about milling, reaming, glassing, appendetures and harmonics tuners. And I'm still not sure how or why you needed to tune a harmonica to finish the rifle :P but if you say so...OKAY...they both look great and you have my admiration... :-* :-* :-*
saands

FYI on mil-surp ammo ...

Post by saands »

Just to be clear ... I used all of the $500 piece ... it wasn't cheap, but now you understand why I was practically in tears when it didn't shoot worth crap!

The barrel harmonic tuner is actually pretty cool ... OK, you're pretty sure that I'm a geek, but to keep from proving it, I'll refrain from going into the explanation unless someone really wants to know :)

Saands
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

FYI on mil-surp ammo ...

Post by anjdrifter »

Saands:
OK if you are a geek but remember one heck of an armed geek. :-*
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

FYI on mil-surp ammo ...

Post by dfunk »

That's not the rail gun that I know of...
From the wiki
The United States military is funding railgun experiments. At the University of Texas at Austin Institute for Advanced Technology, military railguns capable of delivering tungsten armor piercing bullets with kinetic energies of nine million joules have been developed [2]. Nine mega-joules is enough energy to deliver 2 kg of projectile at 3 km/s - at that velocity a tungsten or other dense metal rod could penetrate a tank.
saands

FYI on mil-surp ammo ...

Post by saands »

+1 ... THOSE are the only rail guns that I'd heard of until someone called the stockless ones here that.

Saands
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

FYI on mil-surp ammo ...

Post by trent »

same here