SWAT Demo

Use this section for all other firearms
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

SWAT Demo

Post by carguy »

My gun club lets several local police departments use / rent / borrow out outdoor range periodically for training.

This evening after our monthly meeting the regional SWAT made up of officers from 38 different cities and towns put on a demonstration for us.

There were 28 SWAT members in 3 armored vehicles. They displayed lots of their gear for us to see and touch from bullet proof vests, kevlar helmets to night vision. They outlined rooms of a house with a door frame on our range. They breached the door twice for us and demonstrated how they clear the rooms.

They used explosives :( to open the door then cleared it while shooting the bad guys...multiple times!

Then they used a battering ram to gain entry and tossed a couple of "flash bang grenades"...WOW...I still see white dots 8-) , what a flash (at dusk) I see why they work.

Finally, they pulled out a couple of suppressed MP4s and emptied a couple of magazines... :-/...all we heard was the stutter of the bolt and the "pling", "pling" of the steel targets they were shooting at in the "house". Really cool stuff.

Great time, nice guys, well trained...I was impressed. :-* :-*
Last edited by carguy on September 13th, 2007, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
volfandan

SWAT Demo

Post by volfandan »

Carguy,

That's absolutely great! The father of my best friend while growing up was an FBI agent / FBI SWAT member. He used to take us to the range, load up 6 or 8 MP5 mags, and let us go to it! What a bunch of fun memories.

Another high school buddy of mine who now lives in my neighborhood works for the TAC squad at Oak Ridge National Laboratories. These aren't the security guys who are stationed at the gates and patrol the plants......these are the tactical response guys who you never see. He basically gets paid to go to work and train with all sorts of cool toys everyday. Lucky bastard.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

SWAT Demo

Post by carguy »

I would love to be able to do some of that training just not the actual "response" if there were to be a call for SWAT to actually go to work!

I like guns as long as I'm the "happy" side. ;D