Why is the CZ-82 C&R eligible????

Use this section for all other firearms
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Certainly papabear.

Yeah, what carguy and volfandan say - why the CZ-82 and not the P-64 (and others that I'm less concerned about - I've never really cared for my PA-63)? I suspect an importer saw a bunch of CZ-82's coming, but it's hard to believe the West Point Museum would be influenced by an importer. So only part of the mystery is understood.
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

Could it be the ugly factor? No offense to CZ-82 owners....I want one too, but man are they ugly. The Tokarev and CZ-52 are obviously C&R because they are old enough. Did the ATF figure that the CZ-82 was just as ugly as as the Tokarev and CZ-52 that they just said, "what the hey....it's a darn ugly gun....we'll approve it."?
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Hey! The CZ-82 is a handsome pistol! You can't lump it in with a CZ-52 and the Tokarev!! Next you'll be calling it a Nambu.

I thought that after years of designing award-winning uglys (e.g. CZ-24, 27, 38, 50 ...) CZ had finally come up with a more modern eloquent design in the 82.
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

nbender,

Granted it's not quite as ugly as the 52 or Tokarev, but do you not think that of all the 9x18 family....its the ugly duckling? The Makarov is nice, very nice. Both the PA-63 and P64 are gorgeous. But if the 82 was a woman, I'd have to fire her covered with a paper bag if you catch my drift!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Hey! The CZ-82 is a handsome pistol! You can't lump it in with a CZ-52 and the Tokarev!! Next you'll be calling it a Nambu.
nbender,

You talk about ugly, the Nambu is ugly to the bone. Now I'll take a little exception to the folks calling my CZ52's ugly....... :o...I am kinda proud of em myself.......... ;)

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

++++++++++++for papabear.....gotta say volfandan ;D is one brave soul calling some of my favorite beauties ugly ::) could be down right dangerous to some of us armed and dangerous guys who love the looks and our guns... hey that,s like calling my dog ugly..will agree the Nambu handgun is fugaly... ;D ;D
It is ok will forgive... and accept his opinion ;D ;) he just hasnt steped back and saw the beauty. ::)
Last edited by anjdrifter on September 11th, 2007, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Leave it to papabear's photography to make me eat my words about the CZ-52's looks. Papabear, I think you could make a dogbone look collectible.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Okay volfandan I can't wait until you finally do get your C&R license and ask questions on the forum like..."should I buy the CZ52 or a TT33 or a CZ-50, can't afford them all right now but what bargins, ammos cheap and C&R!?!" We've all been there my friend...I still don't own any of those mentioned but I keep waivering.

Once you get your C&R those unattractive old guns suddenly become things of beauty that can be shipped directly to your house...they're all gorgeous!!

You know you will be reminded in the most severe manner possible...over the forum...which could mean a :(

But we do forgive and forget, when you ask the questions we will then be convinced you've come over to the good side. ;D
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

AND NBENDER TOO????? I missed your comments earlier, I'm devistated, you think they're ugly too?!? :'(

Alright make me feel better, post a picture of your USFA SAA in 45 ACP & 45 Colt. I need a fix...talk about a BEAUTIFUL GUN!! :-/
9x18shooter

Post by 9x18shooter »

Dog bones are collectible. Thats why they are buried all over the yard. ;D

The cz-82 looks a bit different but I sure like the way it feels. I carry it or the p-64 and the mak stays in the safe. You can also put Meprolights on the cz. ;D
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Leave it to papabear's photography to make me eat my words about the CZ-52's looks. Papabear, I think you could make a dogbone look collectible.
nbender,

Have you seen my latest CZ52? However, carguy is right though, all you have to do is post a pic of your USFA and I get that warm fuzzy feeling all over and forget about what you said about my CZ52's............ :-*

papabear

POINT SHOOTER
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

Those are all nice 52's. Don't get me wrong....I'd like a 52 and an 82 (probably not a Tokarev, though) and will assuredly get one of each soon after my C&R arrives. They look 10 times better once they've been cleaned, maybe refinished if necessary, and a nice set of Dennis grips' added. BUT, big fat BUT....you can't tell me the DESIGN of the handgun is as sexy as a P64, PA-63, Makarov, SMC-918.....
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

volfandan,

Oh, now we have gone from ugly to sexy......... ;D and thrown in a Big Fat But......... :o....some guys are just hard to please............ ;D. Ok, You want "SEXY"............... :-/

click to enlarge

papabear
Last edited by papabear on September 11th, 2007, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Nice Papabear...real NICE! :-/ Now those 9x18s are sexy! Is that a 3rd CZ-52...doesn't look like the wooden gripped one in your other photo?

Volfandan...like the "force", I can feel you starting to come to the right side. All you needed was a little push...you are definitely ready to fall... ;D Once you get that C&R, save a few bucks you'll be trying to figure out where to store everything you'll start buying!! ;D

Nbender...I'm having withdrawls...where is that picture?
Last edited by carguy on September 11th, 2007, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

And now the question is which one is really the ugliest?!?! :-X

I vote for both equally!!! :o

If I were a Japanese soldier pulling out one of these...I'd just die of embarassment!! :(
Last edited by carguy on September 11th, 2007, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.