Makarov PM find

Use this section for all other firearms
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Makarov PM find

Post by trent »

I was at a gun show yesterday, didn't find much except for a guy selling a RUSSIAN Makarov PM (military model, not a ij70 or bakal) with 2 mags for $139! Unfortunately it's slide and some of the frame were in fair condition at best (pitting etc), but mechanically it seemed solid. the guy said it was a bring back from Desert Storm.

They were shutting down soon after I talked to him and he said that He'd be back at a gun show nearby later on this month, I'm wondering if he still has it should I get it?
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Makarov PM find

Post by papabear »

A Russian PM Makarov...... :o ..... absoultely......even in that condition, , it would have been sitting in my gun room right now for $139 getting cleaned up and ready to go in my truck.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Makarov PM find

Post by anjdrifter »

How far is is Georgia from Del. and or Kentucky.. :o :o ::) ::) ::)::)
Last edited by anjdrifter on September 10th, 2007, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Makarov PM find

Post by beasleydano »

I was at a gun show yesterday, didn't find much except for a guy selling a RUSSIAN Makarov PM (military model, not a ij70 or bakal) with 2 mags for $139! Unfortunately it's slide and some of the frame were in fair condition at best (pitting etc), but mechanically it seemed solid. the guy said it was a bring back from Desert Storm.

They were shutting down soon after I talked to him and he said that He'd be back at a gun show nearby later on this month, I'm wondering if he still has it should I get it?
Get it by all means! I would buy it sight unseen!
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Makarov PM find

Post by trent »

Thanks guys I'll be sure to hit the next gunshow early and try to pick it up,
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Makarov PM find

Post by papabear »

anjdrifter,

Not sure where in GA you need to go, but from your house to Atlanta is about 765 miles and from my house its about 350 miles.
Want me to pick up something for you.......... ::)

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Makarov PM find

Post by anjdrifter »

Papabear I had this dream of finding a Russian Mak for 139.00 and dreamt it was in georgia were it needed a home.. 8-) ::)

hey trent we are just having fun with you...well maybe we are....
Last edited by anjdrifter on September 10th, 2007, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Makarov PM find

Post by normsutton »

I think I know where that Mak. going to be
Sep 29-30 Gwinnett, North Atlanta Trade Center, Eastman Gun Shows, Inc

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/georgia_gun_shows.htm

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Makarov PM find

Post by trent »

that's the place
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Makarov PM find

Post by papabear »

How about that,I guessed right, its in Atlanta, hey Al, lets stop of on our way down........ ::)

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Makarov PM find

Post by trent »

the North Atlanta gun shows are usually really good, be my guest if any of you want to go, if anyone of you guys get to the Mak before I do then all is fair in love and war, I'll then have more money to buy ammo with ;D
Last edited by trent on September 10th, 2007, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Makarov PM find

Post by trent »

ok just went to that gunshow and the guy decided that he didn't want to sell it, he told me it's story though, he bought it off a guy in Savannah GA a while back apparently for $25, the guy said that he & some others had stuck captured weapons in various locations on trucks, the makarov someplace around the headlight and retrieved it when they (and the truck) were brought home (not particularly legal) which is one of the reasons the dealer said he was uneasy to sell it in the first place, and he's decided to keep it in his own collection.

I'm not particularly heartbroken, where one deal ends another is somewhere down the road

p.s. for some reason I saw like 6 or 7 baby brownings at that show...aren't they supposed to be kinda rare.
Last edited by trent on September 29th, 2007, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Makarov PM find

Post by grayfox »

Well I messed up big time too. Went to a local gun shop, they had a colt 32-20 police positive in mint for 199.99.. Of all the days not to have cash or my checkbook. Called the next day & was told the salesman had marked it wrong, now its 499.99. Of all the luck......
Last edited by grayfox on September 29th, 2007, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Makarov PM find

Post by carguy »

Think about it in a positive light. Instead of getting a bargin on a handgun you weren 't even looking for you now saved that $199.99 to use on something special your searching for to fill in your collection somewhere...ahhh who am I kidding, I'd be moaning and groaning that I missed a chance to scoop up something that nice cheap too :'(
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Makarov PM find

Post by trent »

dang man,

oh the only thing I bought there was a romanian ak bayonet (really nice looking one) For 10 bucks, I was able to clean it up real nice except for the bakalite grip which is a bit rough, does anyone know if that can be sanded/polished up?
Last edited by trent on September 29th, 2007, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.