Good Sale - Centerfire System

Use this section for all other firearms
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Guys,

I got home last night and checked my mail, and I had a Flyer from Centerfire System. They are having a decent priced sale going on with a number of items for the AK, SKS, Mosin Nagants, etc. The ammo is not a great deal, but decent for the prices these days.

They have a sale on the M-N with the 91/30 at $99.99, the <38 at $99.99, the M44 at $54.99 for wood stock and $79.00 for laminated. I don't really need one, but could not pass the price of the M-N M44 for $53.99. Well, they sold out the first day! But they did have a few laminated stocks in stock and since the sold the wood stocks so fast, they cut the laminated price to $69.99. This is about the best price I have seen on these little rifles. Hopefully when I get home next week, it will be here. I am not a collector of the M-N, but they are nice rifles for the price and they are tough! I have a mint 91/30 with all the accessories, so I needed the carbine to go with it, LOL!

If any of you guys have Sig-Sauer P226, they have surplus Police holster for $3.99. These holsters are very nice, with heavy leather. The holster rides low on your hip which makes it nice to carry in the field. The only "surplus" ammo is the 7.62 x54R at $3.99/20 rds. and some 7.62 x25 pistol ammo. I think all the prices are listed on their webite. If you have a C&R, they accept a faxed copy.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Well guys, I received the Mosin Nagant yesterday afternoon by UPS. I opened the rifle box first and did I get a surprise. The M44 was NEW......it was not a reconditioned rifle, and had a nice sling and ammo pouch! The only places I saw was one very minor scrap on the right rear of the stock. I put a little stain on it and you can't see it. The rifle was made in 1947 and does not appear to be fired except maybe proof rounds. This is one of the best deals I have gotten in a long time. Just for kicks, I looked at Gunbroker and AuctionArms for going prices on the M44 and they run from $100-125 as reconditioned. Very pleased with this buy!

The Sig-Sauer P226 German Police holster is in new condition too. It was made by AKAH; a company that made WWII holsters and still in business. Inside the holster are two rivets that could scratch the side of the slide, so I am going to use some contact cement to glue a thin leather spot on each one. Again, another great buy!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

abwehr

need to see some pix

also need to see pix of that new stock wax you told me about

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on August 10th, 2007, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Norm,

Yea, I know, but time has not been on my side. I have been traveling to various sites the past couple of weeks. I have a flight at noon today, but I hope I will be home next Friday, Satruday & Sunday. I will try to get some photos of both rifles. I have not forgotten!

Oh yea, the Mosin Nagant only had a light coating of oil and not the cosmoline the refurbs mostly have on them. This one will be a deam to clean up and get ready to shoot.
Last edited by abwehr on August 10th, 2007, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

abwehr

I think you need to time for yourself

any way be safe on your travels

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

Ditto that!
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

kinda off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread about this, SOG is doing specials on their website, clicking on new arrivals shows what's on special, right now they are doing the romanian tokarevs, could anyone with access tell me what they are going for at the moment, I know regular they are like 240ish.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Trent

in their AUGUST 2007 catalog #197 they are going for $229.95
didn't see them web site

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

Thanks for the Heads-up. I didn't even know I wanted another Mosin til I saw those M-44 prices. My FEL can't get the order out til Monday, so if I miss the M-44s I'll be forced to buy the PA-63. Later Don
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

dolang1

good buy on that PA-63

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

I just ordered a .22 bolt action rifle from Centerfire Systems that they list as WHISPER. It is actually a Russian Tula TOZ 78. With 2-5rd mags and 2-10rd mags. $99.99. They also offer a 3x9 scope with rings for $20 extra.
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

I just ordered a .22 bolt action rifle from Centerfire Systems that they list as WHISPER. It is actually a Russian Tula TOZ 78. With 2-5rd mags and 2-10rd mags. $99.99. They also offer a 3x9 scope with rings for $20 extra.
why is that gun not able to be sent to California? Not that it matters....I live in TN....but looking through their new flyer I noticed it can't be sent to Cali
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

volfandan

I really do not know but I suspect that this particular firearm is not on the Republik of Kalifornia approved list. Never having been tested, approved and placed on the list it cannot be sold in the ROK. BTW, I look for auctions of Kalifornia gun dealers. So many old established gun businesses in Kalifornia are selling online since much of their stock can no longer be sold legally within their own state.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

have you gotten the tula yet? if so tell us how it runs
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

Just ordered it online late Fri. afternoon & order will probably be processed Mon. I will let you know. I have made some good purchases lately- good shooters at fair prices. Went to the range Sat. to try some out- H&R 922 .22 9-shot revolver, Vanad P-83, IJ-70 high capacity Mak, Star 30MI. They all shot great. I shot one of my P-64s with Chris Bond grips also to compare to the P-83 and the P-83 has a much better double action, less felt recoil and was more accurate. I was also very impressed with the high-cap Russian Mak.