Hello!

Info, pictures, advice...
coastie76

Hello!

Post by coastie76 »

Hello All,
I just found this site and wanted to say Hi.I already have a Bulgie Mak and will be getting a P- 64 from SOG as my next purchase. I hope mine is as fine as the ones I have been reading about.Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Regards.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Hello!

Post by abwehr »

coastie76,

Welcome to the P-64 Forum! We are glad you found us and hope you will come often to discuss this great little handgun! One thing you may want to do is take a little time and read thru the threads already posted. There is a LOT of information here, and you will have fun reading these posts.

When you get your P-64, it should be in new to near new condition. Everyone I have seen are this way so far. As you read, there are a few things about the pistol that you may want to change and that is the Trigger Spring. The P-64 has a very nice SA pull, but the DA is so heavy, it almost takes two hands to fire it. By changing out the Trigger Spring, it makes the DA about like the Makarov. There are several threads on the subject.

When you get the pistol, it will have a light rust protective oil. Before firing, we recommend that it be cleaned well to remove this oil. Then, lubricate with your favotite oil and/or grease. In SA mode, it is a very accurate pistol, so enjoy your new purchase and come back often with questions.

We are very fortunante to have several gentlemen from Poland that have provided us with information we may have never known. These gentlemen are a wealth of knowledge on this pistol and other Polish weaponry, so watch for th postings!

Again, Welcome!
coastie76

Hello!

Post by coastie76 »

abhewr,
Thanks for the welcome and the good advice.