Pics, pics... I need pics

Info, pictures, advice...
matheath

Post by matheath »

Hey guys,

Just found this forum a couple days ago - great work. You may have made a P-64 believer out of me. The one I saw at a gun show didn't look too good, but from the posts here, it sounds like the gun cleans up real good. Could you post any pictures you have of your P-64 so I can see whether it would look 'clean' enough for daily carry?

Also, since the DA trigger pull seems to be a monster, is there a good, inexpensive fix for it that I normal guy like me could pull off?

thanks
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

matheath,

Take a few minutes and read all the post so far and you will find a number of photos from the guys. Also, the Double Action trigger pull can be tamed. So far, many of the guys have installed a Wolff 16# trigger spring for a Walther PP. Yes, as the pistol comes, it only has a rust preventive oil, and this need to be cleaned off completely and gun oil & grease need to be applied. This definelty helps all but the DA pull and it is tough, but smoother.

In the "Modification and Repair" section of the Forum, there is a recent thread/s about the Wolff springs. Take a look at them and decide if you want to make the change. The cost of the springs are very minimal. I rarely if ever use DA, so it does not bother me, but I will probably make the switch soon.
matheath

Post by matheath »

thank you
valkyrie0002

Post by valkyrie0002 »

Most of these pistols being sold by SOG seem New or Like New. The 4 I got all looked New.

I am very happy with the Wolf 16# mainspring. I really like this pistol, so much so I don't think I will bother getting a Makarov now.