Did the spring change, but...

Info, pictures, advice...
protector

Post by protector »

robalan wrote:When I go to the range almost everyone shoots something powerful. Most of my practice is with a 22. Yes, I can almost hear you guys now. I just don't think you need all that recoil all the time, not even most of the time. I use a 22 around 80 to 90 percent of the time I am out shooting. I am 100% sure I get a lot more practice than if I just used large caliber guns. You can save your hands and a lot of money by splitting your shooting time up between your carry gun and a 22.

Also, if you ever need to use your P64 for the real deal you are not going to notice the recoil or trigger pull.....
+1,great post!
Last edited by protector on March 2nd, 2010, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Nothing wrong at all with shooting .22's for target practice. I find they are more fun due to the low noise/recoil associated with shooting them. Plus, it just kind of takes me back when I used to shoot with my dad as a kid.

+1

robalan also mentioned using fingerless gloves. That would be a good option. Try to find some with web support between the index finger and thumb. I think that would help immensely.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF