BOSSIER CITY GUNSHOW a BUST

Info, pictures, advice...
magicdoc

Post by magicdoc »

Saw one p-64 in good condition for $165, and 2 nice PA-63s with extra mags for $169. Only 1 dealer had mak ammo (wolf military classic 95 gr FMJ) for 7.95 a box, so I bought 4. Kind of a bust for MAK stuff
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

This morning (Feb 24) I went to Bill Goodman's Gun & Knive show in Dayton,Ohio. I saw 5 or 6 P-64's all in good condition between $159 to $180. Someone had the PA-63 (2 of them) for $225. I picked up some of that MFS + P 9x18 ammo that I've read about on this forum and seen for sale on the internet. I just want to try it out. Looks like good quality brass ammo. There was plenty of Silver Bear and Brown Bear to be had for $7.50 plus tax. I picked up some Silver Bear. I have not tried Brown Bear. I saw many CZ-52's in a wide range of prices. I bet I saw 15 of those pistols. Worse part was the crowd. It was like a Walmart on Christmas Eve.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

You are both lucky to find ammo at those prices. Around here all you can find cheap is S&B at 13.00 and change plus 9 1/2% tax. Ordering on line is the only way to get a better price. I have shot silver bear in 380 & 9mm w/out any problems. I tried some wolf 40 in my wife's glock and it locked it up tight as a drum. I can shoot wolf in my sks all day w/out any problems.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

grayfox,

If you make the Knob Creek Maching Gun shoot this April, I'll bring you some good 9x18 [Mesco] and the price will be right, you can get two box's for what you are paying in Tenn with that crazy tax.

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

grayfox,

If you make the Knob Creek Maching Gun shoot this April, I'll bring you some good 9x18 [Mesco] and the price will be right, you can get two box's for what you are paying in Tenn with that crazy tax.

Papabear
Thanks, I,m hoping to make this one. I'll call you when it gets close.
vermonter

Post by vermonter »

I know I 've harped on this before..... But for your purists like me who are waiting on Wolff Springs, make sure if you buy from a dealer that it is from the surplus wholesaler. Not a trade in from someone who clipped-n-cut the springs. I rcall a post about someone who bought from a pawn shop where the shop cut the hammer spring causing a light primr strike for the buyer. Buy carefully. I like my 25 LB D/A pull!
nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

"I like my 25 LB D/A pull! "

Not every1 can bust walnuts w/index finger like us eh?

The better shows I see 'round here are the 2 a year Arkansas Gun n Cartridge Collectors Association. The smaller G&S production shows or the 1's sponsored by the Lions club are smaller n will not have any ammo 2 speak of while seems the majority of vendors are of the pawn shop variety.
Last edited by nicksterdemus on February 25th, 2007, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.