New P-64 owner question

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
randalldshideler

New P-64 owner question

Post by randalldshideler »

My very first post here. Whew! I put a new mainspring on my newly purchased P-64 this morning. I initially had some difficulties but put the mustard to it and got the job done but not without a foul word or two :-X!!!

Anyway....here's the question. The little rod over which the mainspring fits of course fell free after I pulled the retaining pin out, so I had to re-insert the rod. Does the little "CURVED CUTOUT" at the top of the little rod fit on the shiney short little rod up there in the pistol frame??? That's how I reinstalled it. I haven't shot it yet but it appears to cock fine. I did one dry fire and that was fine too. Did I do it correctly? I apologize for my fundamental parts descriptions.

By the way...I bought another P-64 this morning!!! These pistols are slick!!
stibnite

New P-64 owner question

Post by stibnite »

randall -

It sounds like you did it correctly if the hammer functions OK. When I swapped out my spring, I DIDNT get that part fitted correctly, and it was quite obvious that something was wrong after I assembled it. I then had the joy of doing the whole thing over again.

The image below might help, it is part of some scans I found on this site at some point.

stibnite

[edit: added image]

Last edited by stibnite on February 17th, 2007, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.