P-64 vs PM extractor

Info, pictures, advice...
vermonter

P-64 vs PM extractor

Post by vermonter »

I noticed that the extractor is like a bear paw on the P-64 compared to my PM. I am sure that contributes to the reliability.
nicksterdemus

P-64 vs PM extractor

Post by nicksterdemus »

I'd guess that since the Mak precedes the 64 n Poland was a Soviet Bloc Country that they are if not exactly the same the same in principal n function.
Just my guesstamation....................
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 vs PM extractor

Post by bzinggg »

In reading the history, we find that Poland did not want to accept the Makarov pistolet and decided to design their own in 9x18, and hence a group of Polish officers designed the P-64.
It is said to be designed from scratch, but it is evident that someone on the team was well acquainted with the Walther PPK design. The adoption of the 9x18 round by the Soviet bloc was the factor that the Soviet Union imposed, but not the pistol design. The Czechs came up with the vs. (CZ)82 in response to the same political and logistical arm twisting. It is more advanced, technnologically, than the PM (Pistolet Makarova), but I lean toward the wisdom of Mikhail Kalashnikov, "Simple is good!" and leave the CZ 82 in the safe while having P-64s and Bulgy and E.G. Maks stashed around all over the place. When one gets really well acquainted with the P-64 and the P-64 gets well broken in, there is simply no more reliable semi-auto CCW made.
Last edited by bzinggg on February 7th, 2007, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 vs PM extractor

Post by papabear »

bzinggg,

+1 and well said.

This is a post from "Bartos061" who is in the military in Poland and has in the past supplied us with many parts and accessories

Some P-64 history

Thread Started on Dec 30, 2005, 9:02am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Poland P-64 is known as "CZAK". Many people use this name. "Czak" was the name of the designer project of this pistol. This word is an acronym of designer's(officers of polish army) last names.
Witold Czepukatis
Romuald Zimny
Henryk Adamczyk
Mieczyslaw Adamczyk
Stanislaw Kaczmarski
Kazimierz Kowalewski
Jerzy Pyzel
Designers were a group of polish officers. As You see there was seven officers. Two of them has the same surname but there is no information that they was a family. Word "czak" was written with one "A" and one "K". There is no letter "P" in this word because last designer was included to project in the ending part.
There is no Information about designers and they're career.
Last edited by papabear on February 7th, 2007, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER