Resin Grips

Info, pictures, advice...
brigade

Resin Grips

Post by brigade »

I have searched and searched and found posts where it talks about a few folks making resin grips. Most of the posts were older and then there was talk about some people quit doing it. Does anyone know who is currently doing resin grips.
truth

Resin Grips

Post by truth »

The resin grips you refer to, were made by a member named Zee, or Zeeborg. He claimed that customer service, such as complaining customers that were hard to please, caused the end of his career casting grips. I have a pair of black resin grips, cast by Zee, for sale for $60.00 (shipping included).
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Resin Grips

Post by nbender »

TTH, I'm sure you've been around long enough that you wouldn't pay $60 for resin grips. I believe zeeborg sold them for around $18.

Wait here a bit, or post to Slim Tim's Makarov Trader on Gunboards. I believe there was a person there recently who was willing to sell a set of original flat grips.
brigade

Resin Grips

Post by brigade »

No I wouldn't.... I am a FFL dealer and took the $60 I could have paid for those grips he wanted to sell and paid that as half of the cost of my 3rd P-64 I just got today. I think I am going to figure out how to make them myself. I think I am addicted to these P-64's. I plan on eventually having about 10 of them.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Resin Grips

Post by anjdrifter »

Good for you. about the 60.. I have wanted to play around with resin my self.. I stole some of my wifes polermore clay .that was a disaster but fun anyway. there should be a support group like aa for us poor guys who are hooked on the 64 .watch out next comes the 63 then the 52....
brigade

Resin Grips

Post by brigade »

Yes I honestly don't know why I have become obsessed with these little fine handguns. I think cause you get a really great gun for a bargin price and it is perfectly sized for either belt holster carry or even pocket gun carry assuming you have the rounded trigger. I just bought 5 more P-64's today too.
Last edited by brigade on February 7th, 2007, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Resin Grips

Post by grayfox »

I know what you mean. I went by the dealers today to see if he had gotten in my second P-64, and he had two (both 1974). One had a hard DA, but the second one was smooth, about like an old S&W revolver. I took them both, plus they had the flat grips.