Ammo Selection?

Info, pictures, advice...
koam

Ammo Selection?

Post by koam »

I'm picking up my P64 this week and am wondering what everyone's experience with ammo has been. What works well, what doesn't, defense/plinking.

Thanks in advance.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ammo Selection?

Post by dfunk »

Welcome, koam! If you read the thread I wrote about the Silver Bear 115 gr HP's, you can draw your own conclusion. I just recieved an order of Wolf and will be expecting an order of CCI Blazer shortly, so I'll post a report about both. As far as defense, I hear that Hornady makes a great round for us! I'm sure others will chime in with their preferences - welcome to the board!
marktx

Ammo Selection?

Post by marktx »

dick where is the thread on the silver bear HP. I picked up a box and shot about 20 rounds and didn't feel that much different than regular Wolf. The wolf is more accurate in my gun. I get kind of tired of hearing the Mak people put down the P-64 but I'm pleased with mine. I've put about 750 rounds of Wolf, Barnual and Silver bear through it without malfunction. I search all the info I could on it and got one a year ago. The recoil doesn't bother me but the double action pull I'm not crazy about but I had read about before Igot it.Mines a1970 with triangular hammer.

Thanks
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ammo Selection?

Post by dfunk »

marktx, here is that thread: http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1131831165 - welcome to our board. If you have any troubles or need anything from me, let me know.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ammo Selection?

Post by abwehr »

koam,

Welcome to the P-64 Website! This is the only place to come for information on the P-64 and we are glad to have you.

As far as ammo, I have only used Wolf as that is what I have shot in the Makarov. So far, this ammo has been great for me. Plus, I have a large quantity too, so I hope not to have to buy any soon, LOL.
918collector

Ammo Selection?

Post by 918collector »

Speaking of ammo, I just bought a box of the Winchester white box FMJ. I notice that it says it is made in the Czech Republic. Could it actually be re-boxed S & B? Shoots fine but a box cost me $17.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammo Selection?

Post by nbender »

It is made by S&B. Shoots fine, a little slower than some other varieties. That $17 price is hard to beat for Winchester, even buying on the net. It's expensive ammo.

A good deal on brass-cased reloadable ammo is here:

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 869&dir=18
Last edited by nbender on February 6th, 2007, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.