Dry firing

Info, pictures, advice...
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Dry firing

Post by grayfox »

Can anyone tell me if dry firing the P-64 will hurt it or do I need a snap cap. I thought if I dry fired it each day, I could at least build up the trigger finger.
prometheus

Dry firing

Post by prometheus »

constant dry firing isn't good for any firearm. Get a "snap cap" if you are going to do that. On a side note, you only have one double action pull, after the first round is fired, it's all single action after that, so it isn't like you have to build up your trigger finger. Or, you can always manual cock the hammer and you won't have to deal with that double action pull at all.
Last edited by prometheus on January 27th, 2007, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Dry firing

Post by himmel »

Ditto that--my P64 suffered a broken firing pin due to excessive dry-firing--some guns apparently can take it, some can't.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Dry firing

Post by grayfox »

Thanks. I have been cocking the gun as I draw (unloaded), and it does become second nature. And your right, you only need to pull that heavy trigger once.
Thanks again
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Dry firing

Post by abwehr »

Take a look at my thread on the Modifications Section with the name Parts Breakage. I give my thoughts on dry firing and the safety breaking.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Dry firing

Post by grayfox »

thanks for all the info