OTHER TYPES OF 9x18 PUSHER'S

Info, pictures, advice...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Anyone have any other type of 9x18 pusher's besides me I like them all I don't have a MAK or a CZ -82 these both have web site's

I have besides the 4 P-64's I have2 BR-61's and a PA-63 all 3 are made by FEG and fine guns in their own right just like the P-64 they get bad mouth too

so I'd like to know what others think

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
steve98664

Post by steve98664 »

Norm,

I like my P64. I do have other 9x18's. CZ82, 2xMaks, and a P83 Vanad.

The best carry size is the P64, but for me it is limited to FMJ ammo, which is fine.

The CZ82 and Mak will shoot any ammo (except wolf) and friends like both of those. The P83 Vanad was kind rare here and turned out to be a great shooter too!

If you are thinking about picking up another, I recommend a CZ82. They have great modern features including high capacity on rounds. Mags are easy to get since they are the same as CZ82 380 mags. Mak dot com has some great ones for sale. Mine is a bit rougher in appearance.

I would like to get a PA63 at some point because they are really reasonable, lighter frame, modern look, and interesting to me. I have looked out for the FEG pistols for some time. I almost got a B9R for the high capacity. low price and quality manufacture.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

STEVE

I haven't seen a mak. at the gun shows I've been to in a vary long time and never held one in my hand before and for the P83 VANAD only scene pictures of them you got a rare find I think

AS for CZ 82 SHONA had 2 of them but I thought she wanted to much money for them for the shape they were in but still thinking on 1 of them to add to collection

Wolff makes hammer springs and recoil springs for the PA-63
, mag's are plentiful for it too . Some of the finishes are not as good I saw some at a gun show they look brand new but the slides look like they had been sand blasted and spay painted

The BR-61 is suppose to be the smallest 9x18 ever built but I don't know I know it's heaver than the PA-63 because of it's steel frame and BR-61 is not being made any more
I know the PA-63 mags will work in the BR-61 they just stick out the bottom of the gun about an inch but they do work

That B9R thats a 380 isn"t if it is it would a nice gun if you could get a 9x18 barrel for it just my option not crazy about the 380

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
steve98664

Post by steve98664 »

Norm,

I prefer to buy things that I see in person too. However, I have had good experiences buying from online dealers like SOG or AIM. The quality ratings they use are from the NRA antique standard, I think. Good quality rating is a pretty rough item. Excellent or like new rated guns are usually pretty good in my opinion.

The other option is gunbroker or other online trading sites. I had 1 good and 1 bad experience with gunbroker. The bad one was an auction I won for a great llama for cheap, 150, but the dealer refused to sell it for legal reasons on his end......sounded like BS. I finally got my .380 in a baikal mak that is brand new! It was only 186+20shipping+15 FFL dealer fee. That seemed like a good deal to me. I'm happy to have another mak.

If you keep your eyes open, you can get a good mak for less than 200 on a trading site.

I think 199 might be a good deal for a CZ82 from AIM, but I'm not sure what grade 2 means. You might have to do some rebluing to get a grade 2 looking sharp. SOG still has them and mak dot com has them for a bit higher price, but pristine condition. A CZ82 is really impressive as far as firing performance compared to a P64. I am almost ready to get a 2nd if I found a screamer deal on a cosmetically good looking one. I like that I can call CZ to get parts for mine or even ask their gunsmith questions about my CZ82.

My P64 from SOG is still one of the newest, best looking surplus pistols I have purchased.
Last edited by steve98664 on September 4th, 2006, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

Just to jump in--I bought a Mak before I got my P64, I love the thing--shoots right where I point it, zero malfunctions, Stephen (my #2 son) made me some nice walnut grips for it (then went out of the grips biz, he says--LOL!)--Looks great, it's an E German Mak I got at the local gunshop/surplus store for about $175 plus tax ( I say "about" because the guy accepted a trade-in, a no-name 9mm that he credited me about $85 dollars for (It was OK, I only gave $75 for it! ;) )
vinnie

Post by vinnie »

AIM still has great cz82 s for $229 with 2 mags and a holster. got mine last week, If it was fired other than for proofing at the factory you can't tell it. Man that is sweet. Same thing for the pa 63 from them.
that and my p64 are the only 9x18s i have.
I call it the MOCKarov trifecta.
918collector

Post by 918collector »

Re CZ82:
My dealer just ordered me one from AIM. They told him that they didn't have them listed on the computer yet but he knew they had them in the warehouse.

Not thrilled about the polygonal bore since I shoot cast bullets but I haven't had time to cast lately.
nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

NORM! I was lookin' 4 a r-61 when I ran across the p-64. Couldn't wait for the twins 2 come in so I ran a couple o' clips thru my bros' Baikel 380. His gun & ammo. Sweeeeeet.............

Hey NORM! Got any pics of the 64 next 2 the 61?
Last edited by nicksterdemus on January 9th, 2007, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

I have other 9x18 pistols besides my two P-64s: FEG PA-63, EG military Mak, two Bulgarian military Maks, commercial Bulgarian Miltex Special Edition Mak, Russian commercial Mak. Next to the P-64 I am especially fond of the PA-63 and I want to get either a FEG R61 or SMC-918. I would like to see more coverage and discussion of the FEG pistols on the board.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

nicksterdemus

Yes I do

The one ontop left is a BR-61
The one on the right bottom is a LR-61 it's 22 long rifle

the rest are P-64's I have one picture

NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

beasleydano

I found this site because I was looking for info on the BR-61
on another site they said the BR-61's had alloy frames on them mine are steel and even on the LR-61 it's steel too also my BR-61's are the last of the lot to be imported
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

Thanks 4 the pics Norm. 1 o' these days ai'll run across a 61.................
randy
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by randy »

I got a CZ82 last month. (Had to justify ordering those dies.) ;D It's a good shooter. I want to get setup to reload a few of these...which brings up another question...I guess I'll start a new thread.

Randy
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

NORMSUTTON

Nice BR61/LR61s. I haven't seen anything like them lately. I bid on a nice R-61 recently (but not high enough). Seen a couple in .380 but not crazy about the caliber. I used to have a sweet SMC22 and might get another. My attention just gets diverted every now and then. For instance, 30 minutes ago a gentleman e-mailed in response to a WTB post of mine for a Vanad P-83. Seems he has two with consecutive serial numbers. And right after Christmas! And right after I bought a Star Super A and Astra 400! I may have to pass the deal on to magicdoc!
Last edited by beasleydano on January 10th, 2007, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

I have been looking for either a R-61 or SMC-918 and also a LR-61 or SMC-22. I have been checking the auction sites and gun forums and searching FEG, R-61, SMC-918, LR-61, SMC-22. I have not had much luck. Then I thought about the FEG pistols that Interarms imported briefly and searched Interarms on Gunbroker.com and found a APK in .380 with a starting bid of $350 which I had no interest in, then WHOA! SUPER NICE INTERARMS MODEL AP22 CAL 22 PISTOL! IT LOOKED LIKE NEW & W/2 MAGS, THUMBREST GRIPS & FLAT GRIP, ORIGINAL CASE & PAPERWORK, 1 BIDDER at $.99 STARTING BID! I WON IT TODAY FOR $100 + $30 SHIPPING! Every now and then you get a deal! Still looking for the R-61 or SMC-918!
Last edited by beasleydano on January 25th, 2007, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.